Iowa-Des Moines

Restaurant wedding reception

Planning a wedding a step up from just going to the courthouse. Any restaurant suggestions on where to host a lunch reception for 20? While small, I still want it to be special. 

Re: Restaurant wedding reception

• We're having our wedding dinner, Party of 20 at Tursi's Latin King. They're a bit pricey but wonderful. I've attended two Christmas parties there and they were great. Since our wedding is on a Tuesday afternoon they had room for us without an issue. They don't have any fees for the reception except for a $2 per person cake fee if you bring in cake. And 18% gratuity. 

I can't remember the event planner's name but she was great. She was assured me that they would make our room look nice for our reception. They're even providing a cake table with a table cloth. I can't wait!

• Flemings would be a great place too, kind of expensive as well. Hmm, I'll think of more.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • You should also check out Biaggi's in WDM.  They have this cute little private room for small parties that looks like the inside of a wine cellar.  Bravo at Jordan Creek also has a nice little room in the back.
  • Thanks so much for the suggestions. They are all good restaurants. I was thinking local so Latin King would be good. I personally like the Latin King.

Any suggestions for downtown/East Village? 
  • CozyHeart13CozyHeart13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    It's not downtown, but have you looked at Baratta's? We've done special family dinners with about 20ish people. My family has been eating there for years and are never disappointed.

Edit: OK, I haven't lived in Iowa for a few years and always go to the original southside restaurant, so I didn't realize they do actually have a banquet rental area downtown AND a cafe downtown that is available for private parties too. www.barattas.com
  • Alba. The food is to die for. Also in the East Village, I'd recommend Lucca.
  • Both Raccoon River Brewing Company and Django have rooms you can rent.

I think most places in the East Villiage would be a bit too small.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love Lucca and thought of them, but we would be placed smack in the middle of the dining room. 

Will check out Alba and Django. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards