Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Browsing around for domestic HM...

Hey ladies,

I just started planning my wedding and my fiance and I are trying to think ahead about the honeymoon. Currently we're considering a cruise or just going somewhere in the states. We both want this to be a really nice honeymoon, but I'm still in school and so our budget is tight. Anyone do an east coast honeymoon? I'm looking for the most bang for our buck. We prefer cultural activities over lazing around on a beach.

Re: Browsing around for domestic HM...

• Options
    JuneMaggieJuneMaggie member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Where are you located?  Key West is a nice beach spot and tons of restaurants nightlife... NYC (east coast) will be pricey, so not sure if I would go that way... 

Are you driving?  flying?  

The Carolina Beaches- my friend honeymooned somewhere in South Carolina, I will see if I can find the name- she loved it! 
  • Options
    I'm in VA, and I don't mind several hours' drive if it's going to save us flight costs. We're trying to avoid that. We were considering NYC because my mom's really good at getting hotel deals, which is probably one of the biggest costs, but we're also considering Savannah, since that was our first vacation together (it was a day trip).
  • Options
    CD2011CD2011 member
    First Comment
    We are going to Sedona, AZ. We also plan on checking out Phoenix and a couple of other places on our way, and are spending a night at the Grand Canyon! There are toooooonnss of  things to do there- I'm more excited than when we went to Aruba!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I definitely love Savannah, I also adore Charleston, SC, but my favorite place in the world is the outer banks of NC, and since your in VA it wouldnt be far at all!!
  • Options
    You *can* do NYC on the cheap if you can get a hotel deal- just eat at more local places like pizza and take advantage of all the free stuff- like instead of paying for a Circle Line cruise to see the sights/statue of liberty- take the Staten Island Ferry- same views :) 

eat Pizza and small little places- maybe splurge on one nice dinner- or a great brunch- go to museums, shopping, central park- all things you can do on the cheap if you research! 
  • Options
    We live in NH and don't have a ton of money to spend on our honeymoon either, so we decided to visit one of our favorite cities close by: Boston! We are staying at a beautiful historic hotel that offers a military discount (fiance is in the Army). We are staying Sunday through Thursday (Friday and Saturday nights are much more expensive, plus we figured the night of the wedding we'll be way too tired to drive into Boston anyway.) We plan to check out the Museum of Fine Arts, The Institute of Contemporary Art, The Museum of Science, the New England Aquarium, plus the many other smaller museums, historic sites and monuments, Freedom Trail, etc. There are tons of great restaurants, many theatres and music venues, and it is a beautiful city to just walk around! I am looking forward to our "local" honeymoon very much.

184image Invited
    98image Accepted
    57image Declined
    30image Waiting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards