New York-Western

PhotoBooths

Hello-

I am looking into getting a photo-booth and i need a GOOD deal!  We can only do it if the price is right, so who is everyone using?  And, does anyone know of any discounts???

Re: PhotoBooths

• kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to some of the bridal shows in the fall.  We booked our photobooth there and got a discount, making it much more affordable for us!
    ~ K & S ~ 10.01.10 MyBio Photobucket
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the bridal shows! You can save a ton of money buy booking at the shows.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    i know!  the show seems so far away though (september!) i just don't want my date to get booked up on me!
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it makes you feel any better, I booked mine at the first show last fall (it was the WNY Bridal Show at the Hamburg Fairgrounds), and I was just about a year out from the wedding.  I think more companies are offering photobooths too, which means more available for you! 

If you have time, you could start researching the different companies that offer them, and check to see if they'll be at the shows, or even send them an e-mail inquiring about your date. 
  • edited December 2011
    I talked to my photographer about a photobooth (i was thinking about DIYing one) and she offered us a 2nd photographer for the whole day and at the reception the 2nd photog is going to "man the booth".  She is providing a backdrop and lighting and we will provide props.  It's costing an extra $300 for all of that as opposed to $1000 if you rent a booth.  You may want to contact your photographer and see if he or she is willing to do something similar. 
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our photobooth is from Dove's Photography in Niagara Falls.  its not the regular photo booth, its actually a curtain set up around the system, and its 6' X 6', so much easier to get a group in there if you wanted to.  They charge $200 an hour with a 3 hour minimum, but if you give them a meal at the reception they give you the 4th hour for free.  And we added their suitcase of props, and a CD of all the photos for us.  Our total came to $735 after tax, props, and CD for 4 hours of the photobooth.  Everyone else we talked to (even at the bridal shows) was at least $1000 or very close to it. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks!  I found BKM which will do 3 hours for $600 and he said that the cocktail hour is often a waste, so we are just going to set it up for dinner.

i am trying to negotiate a lower price...we'll see if it works!
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using BKM....we booked three hours.  It's going to open during dinner (which is a bunch of courses and 2hrs long -- it'll give people something to do!) and it ends an hour before the reception does.
  • edited December 2011
    kae-

do you mind me asking what discount you got at the bridal show with BKM?
  • kae101kae101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe it's right around what you said a couple posts ago -- 600 for the three hours.  Maybe he lowered his prices??  We liked them because they only require 3 hours and alot of the others required 4.
  • edited December 2011
    I used a photobooth for my wedding and it was a huge hit. I will not mention the company I used because we had some major issues and he is a friend however I do recommend getting a photobooth. My sil's ordered a custom made guestbook for the photobooth pics and signatures however it was something that we could have made ourselves. People had so much fun putting their funny pics in the book and saving some for themselves. We had double sided tape dispensers and scissors on the guestbook table.
  • burtcherylburtcheryl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards