Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Good wedding foundation

I have my makeup trial in a few days and I need to bring my own foundation (my makeup artist  supplies everything else). So, I need ideas for a good foundation that will photograph well and will stay on all day and will stand up to the heat. I would prefer one that I could find in a department or drug store...I'd rather not order one online, but certainly could if that's best. Thanks!

image229 Invited
image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
image95 Will be sitting this one out.
image0 Undecided

Re: Good wedding foundation

• It's a little pricey, but my go-to foundation is Makeup Forever HD Foundation. It is sold at Sephora. It's a bit heavy, but I've always worn heavy makeup so I'm used to it. The coverage is AMAZING.
  • I second the makeup forever hd. I purchased it for myself I'm doing my own makeup and have tested it out for weddin related activities: showers, engagement party, etc. it gives GREAT coverage and my skin looks great in all the photos so far. If you can swing the price, it's worth it. They also have a box set that comes with the foundation, primer, powder and brush. That's what I bought. I think it was 8090 dollars and the brush alone is around 40 bucks. It was worth it to me.
  • I use Lancome Teint Idole.  It lasts for ever and has a really great natural finish.  It's easy to build coverage without looking masky too.  It's about 45 dollars. 
  • I bought Smashbox foundation and so far I'm liking it. I normally don't wear any foundation so it feels like there's a lot on my face, but it LOOKS good so that's all I really care about.
  • edited July 2012
    I also used the Makeup Forever HD Foundation from Sephora. I felt like although it was a little bit heavier than some foundations, you can apply it minimally and then build on it if you'd like. I never did by a brush or anything for it, just applied it with a wet make up sponge per the instructions of the girl that helped me at sephora!
  • I used all urban decay products & my makeup stayed on all day even in 95 degree heat. Here is the foundation i used:

I also used their 24/7 concealor & all nighter setting spray (they have a travel size one too) and I only had to do one minor touch up to my face before the reception. I did a lot of crying that day & my makeup didn't budge. Awesome products!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto Smashbox. I used it on my wedding day and looked flawless for the 18 hours it was on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use Maybelline FIT, and it works great for me.  I have oily skin, and makeup wears off easily, but I haven't had a problem with it.  I don't need touchups nearly as often, and it has a very light feel to it (and even has a fresh powder scent).  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards