March 2013 Weddings

Toasts?

Are you doing toasts? How many? Are you asking people to toast specific people? 

We are giving the opportunity for 6 toasts... My siblings, His Siblings, My parents, and both sets of his parents. And of course Us. But its weird to ask them to just get up and say nice stuff about us. Even tho I think its kind of assumed. But should someone be toasting the parents specifically?  

I'm also still dealing with assumptions of my siblings weddings. "well we did this at your sister's wedding so why aren't you doing it." sort of thing. 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Toasts?

• I'm only going to ask the best man to toast us and we'll say a little something also.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • My sister, the Maid of Honor, is going to give a toast and my fiance and I will make a short thank you speech. Anyone else who wants to make a toast, although no one has mentioned it, can do so at the reheasal dinner with the much smaller crowd.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are just going to have MOH and BM do speeches, then we will say a very short thanks for coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • We are doing just a MOH and BM speech at the reception. At our rehearsal dinner we're going to give both sets of parents a chance to say a few words and then we'll thank everyone for coming and being a part of the wedding.

Personally I think that more than 2 speeches at the reception will get dull. It depends on the situation though, like who is paying for everything. If my parents were paying for everything I would give them an opportunity to say a few words at the reception but we're paying for it ourselves so I think the rehearsal is a good place to get most of the talking out of the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• So we are mixing up the toasts inbetween the dinner courses. No more than 2 at a time. It won't be like half an hour of speechs before to put everyone to sleep, just a few words. 

We don't have any attendants so there are no Best Man's or Maids to speak, and I know the parents really want to anyways. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yes, I think we'll just do the Best Man, Matron of Honor and Maidof Honor...but, that could change...we'll still try to keep it under 6 people...for sure...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We don't have a bridal party, so we're just gonna do a little "Thank you all for coming" kinda deal. Short and sweet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MissRutigMissRutig member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    My mother is the one hosting the entire wedding, so she is saying a few words of thanks at the beginning of the reception. To welcome everyone for coming kind of thing.
    The BM and MOH will both be giving toasts. But that is it. His BM is his father, and my MOH is my sister.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards