June 2014 Weddings

Color choices. HELP !!

I am having problems deciding between light purple and pink or pink,black and white.
I would like light purple bridsmaid dresses since my cousin used pink for her wedding.Pink however is my favorite color.My fiance loves black,the pink, black and white theme looks great.I like this theme because it would give the wedding a formal feel and be great for an evening wedding which is what we're planning.this will be a summer evening in June 2014. Any suggestions or ideas?
Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Color choices. HELP !!

• Which color scheme does your fiancee like better? You say black would make the wedding feel formal, but is it going to be a formal wedding? I think pink, black, and white would be okay if the wedding is formal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_color-choices-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:c2572258-5235-4426-9552-98d33d6c1ce3Post:4498511b-4af5-4045-9e4d-5259c0f3381e">Re: Color choices. HELP !!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which color scheme does your fiancee like better? You say black would make the wedding feel formal, but is it going to be a formal wedding? I think pink, black, and white would be okay if the wedding is formal.
    Posted by caiters91[/QUOTE]

It is a formal wedding.It will be an evening event and evening weddings are usually formal. He says he likes pink,black and white best.
  • go with what you can both agree on, just because its formal doesnt mean black needs to be included ! 
  • Sade072713Sade072713 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We both agree on pink, black and white.Pink is my favorite and he likes black.
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_color-choices-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:c2572258-5235-4426-9552-98d33d6c1ce3Post:b93796da-3ec0-436a-b124-091a42973082">Re: Color choices. HELP !!</a>:
    [QUOTE]go with what you can both agree on, just because its formal doesnt mean black needs to be included ! 
    Posted by sunnilove[/QUOTE]
  • I love the black white and pink theme, especially since it works with basically every shade of pink. Who cares that your cousin used pink? Change up the shade and it will look completely different.
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I agree. If you love pink than use it.

• I keep going back and forth but as of right now.  A brighter pink and a Cyan blue.  I love pink but my fiance really wants blue...so trying to compromise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards