Outdoor Weddings

colors and themes

i have a major problem. my fav colors r red, white, and black. my fiance's fav color is purple. i was thinking of using navy blue with silver accenting but now i am not so sure. can someone please help me. the wedding is in october. this is number 2 for both of us and the last for both of us also, so i want everyting to be absolutely perfect. major problem besides color and theme is financial. we r on a very tight budget and would like to try to be under $400 for everything. i dont have to worry about a dress but everything else.

Re: colors and themes

• WinkPerhaps instead of the royal blue, go w/ a dark dark purple (that looks close to royal blue...)  And then the complimentary red that'll go good w/ it.  That way, both of you are pleased.  having been married before, you know as well as I do... It's all about compromise (if you can... )
  • I agree with pp.  Before reading her post, I was going to suggest that as well.
  • I am with the pp as well.
  • I think the dark purple would look great too! Or maybe you guys could compromise.. look at these great photos I found on TK for a black and purple wedding.. and for a red and purple wedding..

Lavender + Black  > See more purple wedding details  > See more black wedding details  > See more purple and black wedding details

Purple Wedding Color Combos
  • I think I would go with the purple also! I would do red white and purple flowers...maybe tie some blask in with decorations but also use red white and purple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards