Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Sex Question

I am using an AE for this question just because I know my mom and sister sometimes frequent these boards as well as some of the girls in my WP and I would just prefer them not knowing I am asking this question!

Before the wedding will you/did you and FI abstain from having sex (if you were already currently having sex)? How long did you do this for? Do you feel as though it benefited anything? Do you reccomend this?

Thanks girls.

Re: Sex Question

• I don't get how abstaining would be beneficial....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_sex-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:ceebbeda-ecda-4986-bbdf-774b111a0a81Post:a960ac18-f335-4a3c-957d-66c8b8ebac68">Re: Sex Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get how abstaining would be beneficial....
    Posted by Jill9288[/QUOTE]

Yeaa.... that just seems stupid.

• If you haven't HAD sex yet, continuing to abstain makes sense.  If you have already had sex, the only thing I've heard about abstaining is that it can provide you with a renewed sense of purity so that the wedding night is more special (only what I've heard, I have no experience with this nor do I know anyone with this experience).  If you think abstaining for a period of time would renew you and your FI to make the WN more special, then go for it, but don't do it just because you've heard the idea somewhere.  I don't buy the "abstinence makes the heart grow fonder" (purposefully misquoted from "absence makes the heart ...").  It has to be meaningful to you and your FI.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Ditto Sara.  We were too pooped in the days leading up to the wedding - last minute details, OOT guests, etc.  I think there was maybe four days between the last time we had sex and our wedding night.  

If anything, what made the wedding night sex special was that we were in an awesome hotel room with a gigantic tub and we were relieved to simply be married.

Oh, that and the racy lingerie I wore.
  • I think it's a personal decision, completely up to you & your FI.  IMO I don't understand stopping once you've started.  I can't imagine it being any more special that way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A friend of mine and BM said her and her now husband did exactly what you are talking about. They didn't have sex for a month before the wedding and said they enjoyed the sexual frustration it created between them. FI and I have talked about this and we might do something like this but I don't know yet. Considering that FI's parents will be in town the week of the wedding I doubt much will go down at that time and considering all the craziness the week before the wedding I doubt we will have energy anyway.
  • I don't know about any of you, but sex is a major stress reliever for me. I'm sure there will be things that stress me out in the next 2 months before my wedding, and I fully intend on relieving it! Creating sexual tension that didn't exist prior seems frustrating and more stressful if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards