Iowa-Des Moines

Cakes

Any bakery recommendations in the DSM area?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Cakes

• milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Pearles Specialty Cakes ... she's a friend and does amazing work.

http://mypearlescake.com/index.html
  • edited December 2011
    Sweetest Perfections!
    Elizabeth owns the company and she is doing cupcakes for us, but her cakes look amazing!
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Sweetest Perfections! Yummmmmm!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    edited December 2011
    We are going cheap with Hy-Vee. But we had a tasting there a couple weeks ago and I found out I love Hy-Vee cake. :) If it's in your budget, Glorious Desserts are delish.
  • edited December 2011
    Indulgent Moments. Price is same if not better than hy vee, and the cake is amazing!!
    http://www.indulgentmoments.com/
    Anniversary
  • ToBeMrs2011ToBeMrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with the Cakesmith.  Her name is Katie & she is out of Mingo but definitely works in the DSM area.  Her hubby is a DJ too (Liquid Digital Entertainment)  and we got a price break on his services for using the two of them.  

They've been great to work with and have allowed us to make payments over time to help us out.  Highly recommend them! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Hy-Vee cupcakes as well! OMG they are amazing!! and super cheap. I got 20 dozen for $184. Amazing!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • edited December 2011
    If you're willing to take the drive, Cake Me I'm Yours is to die for. Their cakes are spectacular and she'll work with you to create the cake of your dreams. She did a tiered cheesecake for my brother's wedding and for my own wedding i had a different flavor on every single tier - as well as my sheetcakes! people enjoyed the cake so much they were going back for 3rds, 4ths, and even 5ths!
  • lamisha&chrislamisha&chris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let Them Eat Cake in Valley Junction. Beautiful cakes, reasonable price.  
  • We are using Cache Bake Shoppe in Clive. They have the most amazing flavors, and they create some of the most exquiste cakes! Very willing to work for whatever idea you have in mind! (Naomi even took a swatch of my bridesmaid's dresses to match a flower to!) Super friendly staff and cute store too!

Here is their website:
    http://www.cachebakeshoppe.com/-Catering-Events-Weddings-.html

We are getting a fake cake and sheet cake for the cost of a typical "wedding cake".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards