Indiana
Options

NEED A CHURCH!!!

I am having a very hard time finding a church in the merrillville, crown point, schereville area!!! I am inviting about 350 people I know not all will show up but i want it to seat at least 200-250.  If you have any suggestions on churches in that area that will let non memebers get married please let me know!?!??!?!

Re: NEED A CHURCH!!!

• Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whatever church you do pick, make sure it can seat everyone you invite.  Expecting 100 people to decline is a pretty big decline rate.
  • Options
    brandi0507brandi0507 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem. I ended up booking Town and Country Christian Church they are in Winfield. Its $175 to use the church. (this includes their sound guy and the janitor) If you need them to marry you then you have 2 options. #1 go through 4hours of premarriage counseling (broken up in either 2 2hr sessions or 4 1 hr) and pay $100 to for the minister. Or #2 is do not go through the counseling and its $300. (it holds 400 people) It is small but they give you a huge room for the bridal suite and another room for the grooms. The people are really nice. I start my counseling next month :)

I know Crossroads community church in schererville is $1000 for non members. Suncrest Christian church in St John is $750 for non members. 
  • Options
    rlytton87rlytton87 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No recommendation, but please do not book a church that seats 200-250 for 350 invited guests. You need to plan on 100% attendance, even though you know it won't happen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KKertzKKertz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had the hardest time finding a church!  I feel your pain.  We finally booked Hobart Presbyterian Church.  They charge $140 for use of the sanctuary and janitor fees for nonmembers.  If you want their minister to marry you they give a suggested minimum of $150 for nonmembers.  There is not any counseling requirements.  I have just over 300 guests on my lists and they told me they would have plenty of room.  I agree though that not everyone will come and even less will come to the ceremony.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards