Immediantly Following Ceremony
111 Fake Road
City, State

or

Reception 
following the ceremony
111 Fake Street
City, State

My FMIL is insisting that we do the first one to "warn" the guests that we are not having dancing. Is that important? Also, I'm not sure if "drinks" is misleading because we are only having wine and beer. I like the second option, but is it too vague? Any opinions? 

Re: Reception card wording help

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    I would go with "reception to follow..."  

I disagree with your FMIL that you need to warn people about no dancing.  If there were no food I might get it, but I can't imagine anyone will plan their night differently depending on whether there will be dancing.  
  • Okay, second one it is! 

Another quick question:

Would it be a okay to put a line at the bottom of the card directing people to our website for directions?
  • I'd go with the second option, and yes, it's fine to put the website at the bottom: "For more information, please visit..."

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-card-wording-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3b2b5c56-587b-40d3-bc57-bdb7ae5edad0Post:f17c0325-45d7-4a61-a684-f6a624f465b6">Re: Reception card wording help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily Post says it is not good etiquette to describe the refreshments and entertainment on an invitation, so the first one is out.  Unless the ceremony is in the same place as your reception, you don't use "following the ceremony".  If it is in the same location, you don't need a reception card at all. Reception Name of Venue 111 Fake Street City, State We enclosed a business size card that gave information about our wedding website.
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

But what if it isnt on the actual invite, just an enclosure card?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards