Michigan-Detroit

Suggestions for wedding night hotel?

So I'm going to be a little bit of a PW today. I intro'd myself a month or two back but we just booked our venue and have a set date, so it's time to get into the serious stuff!

FI and I were talking about where to stay for our wedding night. We won't be taking a honeymoon right away. Ceremony and Reception are going to be in Ann Arbor. Right now we live in Ann Arbor, but it is likely that by the time of the wedding (next October) we could be living out of state.

Anyways, when I am trying to think of somewhere nice/romantic in A2, nothing really comes to mind. Any help?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions for wedding night hotel?

• csgmancsgman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at the Campus Inn for a wedding in July.  The regular guest rooms weren't anything special, but maybe they have a honeymoon suite?   There's also the Bell Tower Hotel on campus.  I think both hotels might require you to book for at least 2 nights if there is a home football game that weekend though. 

If you guys happen to be architecture buffs/frank lloyd wright fans, this could be a unique option:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p246038
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

the Frank Lloyd Wright house is genius. We are both architects, so it's kind of perfect. That is a very possible option! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I believe that Weber's Inn is nice.  The Courtyard Marriot at Eagle Crest in Ypsi is very nice, too.  I haven't been, but I know of several people who have been an enjoyed it.
  • golemhmgolemhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've checked out most of the hotels in the area online since our wedding is in Ann Arbor.  We'll be staying in a suite at Weber's Inn.  The hotel has been completely remodled and is very nice.  The nicest hotel I was able to find in the area.  I believe regular rooms are around $120 or so and our suite will be about $276.
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_suggestions-wedding-night-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5bab95e1-9358-4b1e-bffc-455a11601f8fPost:4fc408df-381f-46f3-8d0b-6b8cb40d6c42">Re: Suggestions for wedding night hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I believe that Weber's Inn is nice.  The Courtyard Marriot at Eagle Crest in Ypsi is very nice, too.  I haven't been, but I know of several people who have been an enjoyed it.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

FI booked us a  room at Eagle's Crest on the night that he proposed.  :)  It was really nice, and I remember thinking (as we walked through the lobby area) that it would even be a really nice place to have the wedding itself, if we'd had that sort of budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards