Retro and Vintage Weddings

Centerpiece ideas

Hi there girls!  I'm working on using this last bit of summer to actually get some things done and this morning's focus is on trying to think up some ideas for the centerpiece. My reception is going to be 1940s inspired and I'm going for rather simply but regardless of all that I was hoping some of the other vintage brides might be able to share a photo of their inspiration, a photo of their actual centerpiece, or just let me know your ideas!  I'm hoping to maybe draw something from there and it would be interesting to see everyone's.

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Centerpiece ideas

• I'm also doing a 1940s theme. My centerpieces are going to be white hydrangeas in assorted milk glass vases (I have mostly larger ones and will use all the bud vases I have for other tables). I'm placing a 16x16 ecru doily in the center of the table and placing tiny mason jars at the corners to hold votives. Sorry, I don't have a photo, but I will soon when I do my centerpiece trial. I just need to buy some flowers from the grocery store!

I recently checked out a book called "Vintage Wedding: Simple Ideas for Creating a Romantic Vintage Wedding" from my local library and highly recommend it. It breaks everything down by decade from the 1910s to the 1950s. For the 1940s, just remember that it was during the war and times were tough so less is more. She recommends candlelight, white flowers, and plants and gives particular kinds that were most popular. I really wish I had found this book earlier in my planning because it's great for budget vintage weddings!
    Anniversary
  • Im not sure if you would call it vintage but Im doing a version of this I think white white feathers to bring in my theme... but when I saw the leaf on your picture I thought it would be perfect!

Here is the webiste :http://granvillehouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/dollar-store-version-of-ws-glass.html

She made the two of these out of $6 worth of things from DOLLAR TREE!! Well plus leaves and hot glue but those might be things in your yard or in your craft box already...
  • I'm using milkglass also, the pics are in my bio if you are interested <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm using vintage handerchiefs in pink and purple florals with green.  With a collection of apothocary jars, milkbottles, clear cut glass vases and kelly green vases.  Then the flowers will be  simple singles of green, purple and pink.  I'll have a mason jar with 2 family vintage photos back to back in the collection as well.  Kind of Anthropologie/vintage/eclectic.  MIne will be similar to below.

I've always loved the blue and red rose fabric patterns of the 40s.  Perhaps something that incorporates that?
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards