Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Skincare

I have a few eye wrinkles and dark circles under my eye. What product do you suggest to hide/get rid of for my wedding day?

Re: Skincare

• The best solution for dark circles is concealer.  You might try the DIY sticky or the "list your faves" thread down a ways. 

When I was in beauty mode for the wedding, I used eye gel that I keep in the fridge in the morning and eye cream at night.  I used a few MK products too since that is the skincare line I use.
  • For skin, you want something that will thicken the skin under the eyes over time, which will diminish the darkness.  Try a cream infused with vitamin K or a low-dose retinol.  RoC has a Multi-Correxion retinol eye cream that was actually an Allure Best of Beauty last year.  Retinol also helps with fine lines.  Depending on skin sensitivity, you will want to use it every other night at first.

Makeup-wise, Tarte's Dark Circle Defense is an undereye concealer that also helps deflate under-eye puff.  It's salmon-coloured, which really helps neutralise darkness.

Also try BeneFit's Ooh La Lift over concealer if you already have one you love.  It makes a huge difference.

Sorry... I worked in cosmetics sales for over three years, so forgive me if I got too involved.  Foot in mouth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peter thomas roth's instant firm

it is a temporary  instant lift for you face---umm yess pretty amazing like a miricle

for the dark cirlcles there is always skincare but make up works best

my fav is bare minerals well rested --it has a slight tint of yellow that 'cancels' the blue
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_skincare-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:294265d2-5d2c-44dc-9ffd-228c15fb7ae2Post:e37a739d-0b6d-4e7e-a175-5b835db25778">Re: Skincare</a>:
    [QUOTE]To brighten eyes for the day of, use whatever undereye concealer (Clinique All about eyes concealer is good) and mix with a bit of eye cream. (I always use All about eyes gel) Apply with a concealer brush all the way around eye, across bridge of nose and above eyebrows. So you will make a big circle around your eye and eyebrow basically.  Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

That sounds brilliant!  Going to have to try it tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards