Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Photography for under $3K

Does anyone know of great photographers under $3k? Budget is flexible but I would prefer to stay under that amount if possible. I love photojournalistic photographers that capture a lot of those emotional "little moments" if that helps. Thanks!

ETA: I loved Ryan Estes (I know he was a little more than 3K) and would have booked him if he was still doing weddings so that might help  inform the type of photographer I am looking for.

Re: Photography for under $3K

• angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Tony Hoffer is amazing, but his least expensive package is 3500. I also really like Mike Landis, but I don't remember his prices and I have long since deleted the email. Check out Sing Dance Love photography... I found them randomly and don't know of anyone who used them, but I really like their pictures and their lowest package was 3k, I believe. The last one I really like is Cindy Patrick, who charges $3500 flat. Good luck! I know other girls may have less expensive recommendations as well.

Also, did you email Ryan Estes? I know on his blog it says he doesn't shoot "many" weddings anymore, but maybe he still does sometimes?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Brae Howard.  Her packages start at $2300.  I love her work!

http://www.braehoward.com/
  • We're using Barnyard Photography. They provide a great product for a great price. I'd suggest that you check them out. barnyardphotography.com 

A friend of mine used Mike Landis for her engagement photos and they turned out great. I have no idea what he charges though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm meeting w/ Wil Reiner and Nicole Leigh in the next couple weeks.  They are both highly recommended by friends of ours, and would both be well below your budget (both have packages around $2200-2500 and go up from there).  I'll probably choose one of those 2!
  • angel: I did email Ryan Estes but he said he wasn't doing any weddings anymore. So on to the next! 

Thank you all for the suggestions. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anyone for that budget but these photographers are great!! If you have any more suggestions, keep them coming. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_photography-for-under-3k?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:90ddd119-0b78-4fd6-ba52-b1de85a8d74dPost:2a8c99ca-c261-495c-9f92-d256a8b857eb">Re: Photography for under $3K</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm meeting w/ <strong>Wil Reiner</strong> and Nicole Leigh in the next couple weeks.  They are both highly recommended by friends of ours, and would both be well below your budget (both have packages around $2200-2500 and go up from there).  I'll probably choose one of those 2!
    Posted by onelastpost[/QUOTE]

I Highly recommend Wil Reiner as well ...We were using him (before I called the wedding off) Here is his website:
    <a href="http://www.reinerphotography.com/blog/" rel="nofollow">http://www.reinerphotography.com/blog/</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Barnyard Photography is awesome, I agree with amcourt09.  They have packages under 3,000 and their photographers are wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ron Evans Photography

www.revansphotography.com

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Hi!  I booked Kevin York Photography.  His packages start at 2995 and has a great photo journalistic style!  Good Luck!
  • I hired Steve Lewis he's from Wilkes barre pa, but his packages start at 1800 and his work is fantastic.
  • photgraphyjensen.com  They are great
  • edited July 2012

What direction are you girls going? Are you just getting rights/digital photographs and printing yourselves?

I agree and love the photographs I've seen especially by Tony Hoffer and Nicole Leigh and Reiner Photography has beautiful work as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards