July 2013 Weddings
Options

yay or nah on videographer?

I was ok with not having one, and we have a little wiggle room in our budget where I might be able to have one, but I dont know if I want to spend the money. My SIL says she has only watched hers once since they got married 8 years ago...do you think its a regret not to have a video?

Re: yay or nah on videographer?

• Options
    crysspearscrysspears member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    no idea )= so far we dont have one, but im thinking, if i have someone record the cerenony, and first dace nd father daughter dance, ill be okay.. 
  • Options

Videography is one of my big splurges so I vote yay :-) I fell in love with their work and am really excited to be watch the wedding from a different perspective!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We passed on it due to budget. Instead FI got 3 flipcams on EBay so we will give to someone who won't mind taping just the ceremony.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    BIIIGGGG YAY!

I knew from the start I wanted a videographer. That was a splurge for us, too!

What better way to relive the day...it goes by so quickly!!

Also....I think it's awesome to have to show the future kiddos :) My nephew loves watching his parents at their "wedding show"!!

• Options
    We aren't having one. I spoke with some friends and they said they only watched their video once and recommended we save the money for something else.
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    FI and I are having one only because a friend of my fathers does short films and has offered to shoot for free and is only charging for his editing time.
  • Options
    I'm having a family member record the ceremony and toasts/dances, but nothing professional. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    We are doing one, I think we are doing 4 hours and they are going to make 2 different sections of the video for us, one with the ceremony, cake cutting, first dances and toasts. Then during the dinner hour they are setting up a little spot just outside the reception space (for noise control) for guests to come and wish us well!! I am beyond excited about that part!!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your input! I think we decided to buy a camcorder or something and just do a video on our own, and this way too we can take it on our honeymoon trip and also record the whole week of events while we are spending time with family we havent seen in years before the wedding! I hope this works lol
  • Options
    We're not doing one due to budgeting as well. Our friends have only watched theirs once, so we too are having a couple relatives videorecord throughout the day on their own but nothing professional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you get a good one it is the best money you can spend. I'm getting one and I am most interested in the music video that compiles everything important in to 5 mins or less. That's the only thing anyone (but you and your parents will watch) and *everyone* will want to watch it! If it's just a dude with a camera and no editing, I woldn't pay for that.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards