South Asian Weddings

Save the date

Did you guys send out save the date cards?  If so, how many months before the wedding? 

Re: Save the date

• edited December 2011
    Yes I did. We sent it out 6 months before.
  • temurlangtemurlang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have time to send out cards, because our engagement was really short.  We sent out an email instead, just so everyone could start planning their travels.  It was slightly less than 6 months before the wedding, but ideally you should do it at least 6 months ahead.
  • edited December 2011

Same...6 months before. I was way too busy (and lazy) to think of addressing 300 envelopes for both save the dates and invitations, so I ordered about 50 and sent them out to my and my fiance's friends/guest list. I scanned them and my parents emailed them as an attachment to their friends/relatives.

• edited December 2011
    We did, about 5.5 months prior. We had a short engagement and our wedding was the weekend before Thanksgiving, so we wanted to give people a heads up well in advance.

We used magnetstreet weddings and got save the date post cards. They were reasonably priced and quick to print/ship.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got lazy so send email cards 6 months before
  • edited December 2011

Same, 6 months before.  We did a postcard with our date and location on it and wrote a personalized message- it took forever...

• mimosa1977mimosa1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Save the Dates on a website paperlesspost.com.  They give you a certain amount for free and then its very inexpensive for more to be sent out.  We sent them to our close friends and extended family.  Ours were sent out ~ 7 months ahead of time
  • edited December 2011
    I also did the save the dates thru paperlesspost.com. However....

Only people from my guest list received it. FI felt weird about sending them to his family. I didn't get to sent them out because FI insisted that we wait until after we secured our venue. So they didn't get out until toward the end of February for our June 12th wedding.

We also had a short engagement. If I could do it over again, they would've gone out around New Year's.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ssarangissarangi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we sent out Save the Dates and we sent them out 5.5 months before the wedding...typically they are sent out 6 months before...it was particularly important for us to send out Save the Dates b/c we had a lot of out of town guests.  Also, it was nice to have b/c we included our website info on there so that they could access info about the different dates of the wedding ceremonies and find out about flight/hotel info on our website.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards