South Carolina

Venues

If you are planning to get married in the Myrtle Beach Area, you should check out The Cooper House. My fiance and I are planning to get married there. The staff is great. I do not want o have a beach wedding. I saw this place and fell in love. The price is right and I know we will be happy. I just wanted to let you brides know, just in case there were a fewout there like me, who could not find a venue.

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Venues

• victoria0993victoria0993 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am from Myrtle Beach and I agree with Msktn95. The Cooper House is a really beautiful and neat place for a wedding and/or reception! 
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I know I really liked that place, but all of our guests are out of town and we wanted a place where they could all stay in one place, ceremony/reception/hotel accommadations. So we went with Sea Watch Resort in Myrtle...but great recommendation tho! :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cooper house is b-e-a-utiful!!! But my only problem with it is that if you have a more than like maybe 50ish people you have to seat some of the guests upstairs then someone is going to miss something. That was my only thing I didnt like about the place. But the staff really is amazging!
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, don't go to Hopkins Farm in Simpsonville. Had a meeting with a lady there and she was extremely rude and seemed very self-important. Told me and my fiance that she expected us to treat her with respect and hire a wedding director that knew what she was doing. She also told us that if we hired a caterer that she did not approve of she would be providing a caterer manager to oversee our personal caterer and servers to ensure our guests were correctly taken care of.

It took all of my patience to not tell her off immediately. She also told me prior to us meeting in person that with us having a small wedding, she would be negotiable on the price (not really needed) but when we met she informed us she could not negotiate on anything. I'm more concerned that she lied to me than anything. Very beautiful site but I won't recommend anyone there until this woman leaves.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards