September 2013 Weddings

Too Early?

Ok, so I'm a 9-21-2013 wedding, is there anything that is to early to do? I'm a bit of an anxious bride (:

Re: Too Early?

• Nope!!! My date is 9/7/13.  I already booked venue, catering, wedding planner and photographer.  Venues book up fast so that would my 1st thing to do... Also photographers.  The sooner you do stuff, the less you will have to do next year.
  • ajr1211ajr1211 member
    First Comment
    we have our ceremony, reception venue (their catering), DJ, and phototgrapher. I just feel like I'm way ahead of myself.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1ae31ece-eb6f-45d9-8014-fb84ada2f9eaPost:f7094111-f33a-4e76-bfe8-a92ab57443e3">Re: Too Early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope!!! My date is 9/7/13.  I already booked venue, catering, wedding planner and photographer.  Venues book up fast so that would my 1st thing to do... Also photographers.  The sooner you do stuff, the less you will have to do next year.
    Posted by DivaBride622[/QUOTE]
  • Hey date twin! I definitely don't think it's too early. We have our ceremony and reception venues, officiant, DJ, my dress, photographer, and part of our honeymoon booked. We also have DIY invitations that we got for 75% off! I'm looking forward to not having anything to stress about (other than making the payments lol) and not having to scramble to find someone else if XYZ is already booked.
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's not too early.  Starting early ensures that you get what you want-especially with ceremony and reception sites.

Our date is 9-28-13.  We don't have a lot done yet, but some.  I know some of the girls have quite a bit done.  I think the "big stuff" is a good idea to get done (venue, photographer, florist, DJ).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ajr1211ajr1211 member
    First Comment
    OK good. I want to start and try and get as much done as possible. everyone keeps telling me, "you have awhile to worry about that yet". But I don't want to rush around and regret things later, ya know?

like my neighbor planned her wedding in 4 MONTHS, like her husband is the military so thats understandable, but I feel like she might regret some things later in life because she was so rushed.
  • ajr1211ajr1211 member
    First Comment
    And plus, I have a baby, so I think the more time I have is better. (: Because my daughter is definitly time consuming, lol, not in a bad, but definitly needs more time than my wedding projects!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_too-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:1ae31ece-eb6f-45d9-8014-fb84ada2f9eaPost:dffbe5aa-41fa-4183-a4b8-871f777d8a44">Re: Too Early?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK good. I want to start and try and get as much done as possible. everyone keeps telling me, "you have awhile to worry about that yet". But I don't want to rush around and regret things later, ya know? like my neighbor planned her wedding in 4 MONTHS, like her husband is the military so thats understandable, but I feel like she might regret some things later in life because she was so rushed.
    Posted by ajr1211[/QUOTE]
  • I'm 9/21 and we have our ceremony, officiant, and as of today, venue booked.  I'm looking into photographers and trying to set up a meeting with the DJ the venue typically uses.

I didn't want to plan anything too early but I'm learning that the good stuff goes fast so it's good to get the big stuff out of the way.  The way I see it, if I can get this stuff done now, I'll have lots more time down the line to plan out the little special stuff.

Plus I'm moving in the middle of everything so the less I have to worry about the better.  Plan away!
  • My wedding date is 9/27/13. We already have our venue/catering and church booked. The hall where we wanted our reception was super busy Sept 2013, so we are very lucky to get the date that we did!! I have looked at dress and bridemaid dress ideas. I also did by little things for the reception.

The first thing I did was get a book and put everythiong relating to the wedding in there. Wrote down all my ideas, colors, etc.

I am also wondering if it is still early to do stuff, having the same problem :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards