Texas-San Antonio
Options

Aggie Grooms Cake

Howdy Ladies!

My fiance is an Aggie and I am looking for an Aggie themed groomscake for him! I've looked online and seen a few pictures but nothing has caught my eye yet, except for one! The only problem is the baker is about 5.5 hours aways from me. If anyone has pictures or advice as to where I should look I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Amanda

Re: Aggie Grooms Cake

• Options
    jennidolljennidoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tastes of Heaven/Sweet Memories out of Bryan, TX, has some good ones.  My finace and I are both Aggies, and he wants an Aggie cake, too.  He saw one he loves by Tastes of Heaven/Sweet Memories with an Aggie ring on top and a 12th Man towel.  He already asked, and they will bring it to San Antonio.  

Phone number: 979-268-2342

Here is their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bryan-TX/Taste-of-Heavens-Sweet-Memories/131092933607134

Hope that helps! 
  • Options
    txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We used Cakes and More by Cythia Gallagher for my husband's aggie cake.  He wanted a red velvet with cream cheese frosting.  The top layer had an aggie bonfire and the sides had the ATM logo and and a gig'em thumb.  She even did our moogram on one side of the the cake to match.  He loved it, and we only got a few pieces to eat everyone ate it all up.

You should check her website for more ideas.

• Options
    txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found some pics, not very good, we are waiting for the photographer's pics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thank you so much. I will certainly check out these suggestions!
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seventh Heaven Cakes in San Antonio has made some really cute Aggie cakes.  I just tried to look and her website "cake gallery" page isn't working, but she has a FB page with pictures of a lot of cakes (there are a couple Aggie ones in the Grooms Cake albums).  Gig 'em :).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are ordering our cakes from The Cake Shop. They have a location at I-10 and Wurzbach and one in stoneoak. They have so many to choose from! Check out their website and be sure to look at the birthday and sculpted cakes too-not just the grooms cakes. They also have a huge photo album. They can pretty much do anything you request. If you order both cakes from them, you get 1/2 off the groom's cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Sugar Mama's Sweet Shop! She is very talented and can do anything - I'm sure she can make you an Aggie cake! AND, not only are her cakes really pretty, they taste awesome! I got so many compliments on the cake served at my wedding. http://www.sugarmamassweetshop.com/

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For another style idea, I've seen a 3 tier bonfire cake with the large pretzel sticks covered in chocolate, it was stunning. As long as you have a picture, any bakery should be able to do a similar replica.
    Always Daddy's Little Girl
    kimdad-2

Mr. vs Mrs. Food Blog
    (Updated 6/12/11, please vote for the next dish!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards