New York-Long Island

Seeking Wedding Planner in LI, BKLN or MANHATTAN

Hey there!! SoI got engaged - YAY - but now I'm suffering seriously. My parents have been reluctant to provide me with a budget but at the same time tell me that I should consider fake flowers, prom dress for wedding gown and the Queens farm to rent out. My mother is extremely cheap (wouldn't call thrifty) and considers my idea of "quality over quantity" a foreign thought. It's difficult as this has caused a LOT of fights in the past few days.

I suggested to my mother that we hire a wedding planner to help be the mediator between us and help us work within our budget and find the best of the best. I imagine these people know a good deal that I could easily overlook. I also do not want to be stressed on my wedding day.

So...my fiance and I have decided we will pay for our own wedding planner (much to my parent's dismay) and even if their financial gift is revoked, we will still find a way to afford this without accumulating massive debt.

We are looking for a wedding planner that can work in a budget (we are talking $10,000 for 85 people) but have unqiue ideas. We are interested in the DIY & vintage style wedding (I'm obsessed with www.rusticweddingchic.com and www.ruffledblog.com). We both are very creative people and are lucky to be surrounded by equally creative friends who are willing to help design our invitations, be our photographer, etc. I just need someone to help coordinate it all for us and provide assistance for where we fall short (ie: venue being a MAJOR issue as of now).

Does anyone have recommendations? Please please please help this bride-to-be not lose her mind!! I've already broke down in tears for the past 2 nights and once today at work.

Re: Seeking Wedding Planner in LI, BKLN or MANHATTAN

• edited December 2011
    you should look up Epicure Bride or Epicure Events and Design from Long Island, NY. You should ask for Stephanie and tell her that Alexis and Keith sent you. She is AMAZING and has worked wonders with many couples.
  • When I first got engaged I was going to use a wedding planner but I ended up doing everything on my own. I was dealing with Debra from Weddings by Debra. She is located in Westchester but is always in Brooklyn and Manhattan. She is really nice and she tells you how it is. She has a facebook account if you want to get more information.
  • I am not an official wedding planner but I did alot of stuff for my own wedding. If you wanna talk more with me. Shoot me an e-mail at courtneykscott@me.com and we can discuss more. Alot of it can be done by yourself. I have 125 people and did it for 15,000.

I'm always looking for odd jobs to make a little extra cash so if you want some help. I might be able to help you. I used to be a Stage Manager for theatre so I've planned HUGE events before planning my own wedding. 

(Moderators, I'm not a vendor but let me know if it's not okay to offer out a freelance service like this. I just trying to make some cash in a crappy economy)
  • My wedding planner was a great moderator between me and my family. Caitlin was super helpful and she kept telling me I am your personal bulldog which always made me laugh during stressful moments with my mom. She dealt with the drama for 8 months.  The day of the wedding she was amazing.  She never left my side and anticipated situations and took care of them before I even noticed or had to ask.

Caitlin Russotti - 917-991-8906
    www.CaitlinRussotti.com

good luck!

• I am also using Modern Day Affair for day of planning for my wedding in May. I met with Laura and she was very detailed and professional. They have great reviews and her pricing was awesome also.

http://www.moderndayaffair.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards