Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

wedding reception venue near Valley forge

We are thinking of getting married at valley forge park and need a reception that is less than $100 per person (cheaper the better) including food, drink, etc. Any ideas? Also interested in other ceremony locations that have the reception at the same location as well. Something different than just a church.  Any ideas or recommendations?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: wedding reception venue near Valley forge

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people? Are you open to Fridays or Sundays? What time of year?

I'm getting married at The Radnor Hotel. It has a really nice garden outside where we are doing the ceremony and the cocktail hour and then a ballroom inside for dinner. I'm getting married on the Sunday of July 4 weekend and my cost is just under $100/pp.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are tentatively looking at May 12th. We want a saturday so I know that's more expensive, but we have lots of people from out of town, so a saturday is just best for us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Columbia Station, a refurbished railroad station,  is in Phoenixville and is very reasonably priced.  It also has an outdoor ceremony area. I think I remember someone saying the chapel at Valley Forge is almost 2K to have a ceremony there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure of the rates these days, but to add to suggestions already given William Penn Inn and Normandy Farm (both in Blue Bell) were under budget when I looked, especially if you are willing to go for an afternoon or Friday wedding or in the off season.

I had my wedding at Normandy and loved it.  Loved.  Let me repeat that again, because it was great.  The ceremony space there is very cute, as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at The Presidential in Norristown 2 years ago, and she really liked it.  
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks gals.  I will definitely try to check those out. It's hard to plan a wedding on a budget.  Ultimately, I want it as cheap as possible.
  • Options
    neongreenboxneongreenbox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how many guests are you looking for? The Duportail House is a lovely venue for either/or ceremony and reception but you would have to find a caterer. It is right near Valley Forge - they have open houses on Sundays. I think they say they can fit 200 (I saw it and I think it would be safer to have fewer but they do have a tented outdoor area)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will check out duportail house. That could work depending on cost. We want something different than just a banquet hall. We were looking at some wineries but they want $4000 then you have to pay for catering. Would like to keep total location and food/drink for $10,000 or under. Will probably be 120 people.
  • Options
    bstnbndbridebstnbndbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Bay Pony Inn in Laderach (Skippack area). It's very quaint and it has a beautiful  backdrop for wedding receptions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out the bay bony inn.  Really cute.  I have heard mixed reviews on the food, so we will have to go there to eat. Does any one know anything about parc bistro and having the reception in their "barn?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards