Virginia

Please help...Wedding date question...

So my fiance and I picked 6.18.2011 as our date and my mother called last night to tell us  she looked at the calendar and our wedding is the day before Father's Day. We decided after talking to some friends that it really wouldnt be a problem since Father's day isnt a huge deal. What are your opinions? Would you not go to a friends wedding because it's the day before fathers day? Keep in mind we have already ordered save the dates and everything with our date on it.

Re: Please help...Wedding date question...

• SSM&JLMSSM&JLM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that father's day weekend would be a big issues.  People have the actual day Sunday to do things with their dads.

And great job on finding a venue and ordering save the dates.  I was scrambling around to get mine out in the proper timeline.
  • luckyme502luckyme502 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it should be an issue at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • burnsbabyburnsbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not an issue. You're not asking them to come ON Father's Day. I'm super close to my dad and I still would go.
    "I love you.. even when you're sick and look disgusting!" -Love Actually
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies. My mom was really worried and she spread her anxiety to me. I feel better now. Plus I had already ordered cards and stamps with that date on it, and even booked our venue, It was gonna be a tought decision to change it.
  • claireandwillclaireandwill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be a problem. You could do something fun to honor all of the dads at the reception.
  • courtnikocourtniko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think that it is a problem at all, and I cant imaging anyone not coming because of it, or even being annoyed at all.
  • edited December 2011
    While it's an important day to fathers, I don't think it's such a big holiday that it would cause problems.  I wouldn't not go to a wedding because it fell the day before father's day.
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • vbbride2010vbbride2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the suggestion to do something for the Dads- that would be cute :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards