South Asian Weddings

Checklist time!

So I went into a planning slump for a while. We knew what we wanted, but we waited to get things because we thought it was too early.
Now for the checks!!

1. ALL Major vendors are booked!!! This includes: venues, cake, music, flowers, etc.
2. We are ordered the favors! We are doing shot glasses (cause we collect them) and putting candy in them
3. Getting my pictures today from the photographer and making the STDs!! This should be done by the end of the week.
4. Booked the honeymoon!! We are going with the Sandals All-inclusive St. Lucia vacation. At first it was just suppose to be for 7 days, but yesterday FI said he extended it to 10 days.
5. I ordered FI's ring. Just need to get it engraved when it gets here.
6. All plans are booked for our trip to India at the end of December... once I get back from this trip I should have almost 10 more things checked off my list!

I love when these things come in one big burst!
Thanks for reading.

Re: Checklist time!

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great DFW!

I had the same thing happen to me...totally slacked on the planning for a few months...after we booked all the big vendors all the initial excitement of the wedding planning subsided until we realized that we still have all the little details to work out...which got us out of that slump quickly and more energized :)

I loved that feeling of checking things off...whether it is for a wedding or other important tasks in life...for me right now it's gettting a condo with the hubz.

I think we are little close now...putting an offer in and *crossing our fingers* that we get it.
  • edited December 2011
    I feel you, DFW - I'm going to India in Dec/Jan too so I'm hoping to check off a lot during that trip i.e. most of our outfits, jewelry, invitations and favors - so right now, that alone is taking up all my time!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah for the accomplishments! Did you make a list of what you wanted to get from India? You're going to have a great time!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! Yea I'm making a list. It keeps getting longer and longer! Hopefully we can bring it all back! I just want to see things taken off my check list. I've been looking at it for months.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my God, I am so far behind and I'm getting married before you!

I'm still trying to find a DJ, I have our photographer picked but I haven't signed a contract yet, and I haven't even done flowers.  Or alterations.  Or linens.  Or BM dresses.

On the plus side, I'm going to check off a bunch of stuff when my mom comes down to visit in Jan.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_checklist-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:b89eb679-a87a-4c90-b101-66c65fbce667Post:f15c59d1-a756-4cbc-be30-336cc521c6c8">Re: Checklist time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my God, I am so far behind and I'm getting married before you! I'm still trying to find a DJ, I have our photographer picked but I haven't signed a contract yet, and I haven't even done flowers.  Or alterations.  Or linens.  Or BM dresses. On the plus side, I'm going to check off a bunch of stuff when my mom comes down to visit in Jan.
    Posted by andamu[/QUOTE]

I'm an OCD planner!! I know June is a crazy month so I booked really far ahead. The reason I have the BM outfits done are because they have to be ordered early. Alterations are next year sometime.. Don't worry you have time for it all we work at our own paces... I like to take breaks between planning so this is why it SEEMS like I have a lot done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards