Maryland-Baltimore

event locations

Does anyone know of a place were you could hold an outdoor ceremony and reception for $$ not $$$$$ or a location that is not posted, that is reasonable want to have an outstanding ceremony/reception just don't want to go broke doing it in this economy.

Re: event locations

• edited December 2011
    We're having an outdoor ceremony and indoor/outdoor reception at Liriodendron.  Swan Harbor does outdoor tented receptions, I think.  And Duke Farm in Fawn Grove (PA).  Also look into wineries and parks.
  • edited December 2011
    What area are you looking? Friends of ours had their ceremony at a park in Annapolis, right next to the water, and it was gorgeous.  They moved to a restaurant for the reception, but I'm sure you could set up the reception somewhere nearby at the park as well.  Let me know if that's not too far for you, and I can try to figure out where exactly it was.
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe a National Park area? Any National Park Service location where they allow weddings costs only a small fee. My FI suggested Fort McHenry. I looked into it, and it costs $200 for up to 200 people. We're actually planning an indoor wedding now, but you can check out NPS.gov for other locations and rules.

I don't think they allow receptions - only the ceremony - so you'd need a reception venue.
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't have to have it outside, my venue hosts receptions starting at $19 per plate...don't know if that's in your price range but if you want the coordinator's info PM me and I'd be happy to send to you!

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Museum and Park in Fells Point. It's right on the water (Thames and Caroline St. intersection) and gorgeous.  You have a number of different options to choose from as far as spaces to rent-- indoor/outdoor, outdoor only, indoor only, etc. The sugarbarn with the exposed brick is awesome!  It's truly an awesome venue and I would have loved to have my wedding there but it just wasn't what we were looking for in the end.  You have to being in your own caterer but that way you have a lot of flexibility in choosing a caterer in your price range.  GL! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Miss ... Mrs.
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to get that information from you

Thanks

T
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is having her wedding at Peerce's Landing and another at Swan Harbor Farm. They both seem to be quite happy how everything is coming along. They are both having an outdoor ceremony near the water. I can't even guess what the prices are but its worth a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards