Illinois-Chicago
Options

How many?

How many programs are you doing? And if you are doing a send off and are using either bubbles or ribbon wands, how many of those did you do? Found a site that makes ribbon wands much cheaper than I could make them ($.50 a piece) but no idea if I should order enough for everyone or just half?
Thanks!

Re: How many?

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_many?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:67fdc2ff-37b2-43cb-998c-e1c675e1d47aPost:8850400f-cacf-4c67-b06d-cba28ed9707b">How many?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many programs are you doing? And if you are doing a send off and are using either bubbles or ribbon wands, how many of those did you do? Found a site that makes ribbon wands much cheaper than I could make them ($.50 a piece) but no idea if I should order enough for everyone or just half? Thanks!
    Posted by MrsPaps[/QUOTE]
    -programs: I haven't thought about it....maybe 100? We are inviting 212. I guess I'll decide that when we start to get RSVP's?
    -no send-off, but I would suggest ordering half because some people might not want to play :)
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    right?! only the people on the aisle will really use the ribbon wands so I'm thinking like maybe 100 tops. we've invited like 215 and are expecting 175ish so I'm with ya at about half for programs. thanks Aimers!
  • Options
    barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd order enough for everyone if they are cheap enough...Id be pissed if I didn't get one! :)  Plus, you'll have moms, dads, grandparents all take a few of each to keep with them!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KATERS882KATERS882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For programs, I'm thinking  80 because I don't think everybody will be going to the church since my fiance's family is from out of town.  I'm thinking about a 100 at the most would show up to the church.  We aren't doing a sendoff.  We just decided not to do it.
  • Options
    netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Number of programs also depends on whether your ceremony is at the same place as your reception, if not then order less.  My ceremony and reception were at the same venue and I ordered 100 programs for 110 guests and had about 10 leftover.  We also placed programs on the chairs which resulted in needing more.  I wouldn't order them for 100% of your guests but also wouldn't scrimp too much as I agree that I would not be happy as a guest if I didn't get a program. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 95 guests and had my niece give out programs  at our ceremony site, Almost everyone attended as the ceremony and reception in the same place.

I didn't listen to the advice to only make HALF, and I had exactly 50 programs left over.

We didn't do a send off so I couldn't answer about the ribbon wands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards