Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

To late to get the dress

I just moved almost a month ago after i started planning my wedding for about two months. I was offered a job that i couldnt turn down and we moved this month. So now i had to find a new dress shop, tuxs, baker, and a cermoney site. And to top it off i was going to go home to lousinia ( my parents place) for christmas and then get my dress then now i cant. Since am the newbie i have a very low chance to get christmas day off much less the five days i need to go home. I better say am a primate keeper at a wildlife park in kansas and there is not a day in the year that there isnt somone working there. So now my parents are talking about coming here to go shopping with me. 

Heres my problem they wont travel up here in winter at all. I cant blame them it can snow bad here but there talking about march the wedding is in october. So am worrying it wont be enough time to get the dress order it if i  have to and get it in and fitted right. And i know it will not fit right. Is this enough time to get all that done before the beggining of october. If not should i try to convence my parents to come a bit sooner. I have been thinking about going ahead and making a aptioment at a shop and going before my parents get here to narrow things down but i dont want to go alone. I do have a friend coming into town in a few weeks but i have no clue of what to do. Am do horrible at coming to a decision that i dont want to waste the ladys time at the shop with trying on a dress after dress with out a decision. 

Anyone have a suggestion on what i should do. Just wait or shop with my friend and then with my parents. Am at a lost of whats the best path to take. 

Re: To late to get the dress

• Options
    You need to call your local bridal salons and ask them what their deadlines are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options

Definitely call the bridal salons in the area. Typically, 6 months is kind of last call to order a dress, but the snow should be out of the KC area mid-march ish if I remember correctly. So maybe do some pre-shopping on your own and then when the snow clears out, have your parents come up for a weekend or so and you can knock everything out really quickly.

• Options
    If you call around for timelines, also ask about buying off the rack or see what they're policies on buying samples are. This is always an option and often will come at a discount, which is always nice. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_to-late-to-get-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:99180b47-1dd4-4453-83ee-991fe871433aPost:90bc4b53-549b-4720-8ddc-aaacd0d37d2c">Re: To late to get the dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]You need to call your local bridal salons and ask them what their deadlines are.
    Posted by emeejeeayen[/QUOTE]

This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards