Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Modern Philly or Burbs Venue (on a budget!)

Hi! This is my first post, and i'm hoping you ladies can help.
We are looking for a modern (NOT country club) place to hold our wedding in Philly or in the immediate suburbs. We're hoping to have about 110 guests, and we're looking to spend no more than $160 pp (tax and service included), and I'd love to hear your suggestions for a modern, trendy space. Thanks!!!
We've looked at Le Meridian, The Sofitel, Loews. Love the Le Meridian but it's at the VERY high end of out price range. Something similar would be great.

Re: Modern Philly or Burbs Venue (on a budget!)

• Tendenza in Northern Liberties is really modern and trendy... the price varies depending on the month and whether you do a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, but it ranges from $125 to $150 pp. The minimum is 150 guests though, so it might not work for you.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure what the pricing is like, but Trust is pretty modern.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Almost every place in Philly is negotiable. There are very few that are firm on their quoted rates, so I'm not sure if you've tried, but it would be worthwhile to talk to Le Meridien about your budget and where you want to be per plate. Most likely they can make it work for you.  I would even err on the side of lowering your budget to see if they can come down a bit more for you :) Good luck!
  • The Moshulu is really nice/unique!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love Beat Street Station in Manayunk. I have chaired a couple of Jazz brunches there. I am looking into them for my own wedding. My only concern is the parking.

imageAnniversary
  • Thanks for your suggestions!
  • I was looking for the same, but couldn't meet the guest minimums at Le Meridian, The Sofitel or Loews.  We are having around 110 guest as well and it was very difficult to find a modern venue for this number. Tendenza is awseome but couldn't meet the mins. We ended up booking Hyatt Penns Landing. Although not as modern/trendy as the others, it is not traditional hotel decor so I could work with it. I would also suggest Trust, Arts ballroom ( although this part of the city and the lobby is not great), Top of the tower, R2L, the warehouse at EBE ( industrial loft like space)  and Hotel Palamar . Also, Kimpton hotels is opening Hotel Monaco in the fall.  Feel free to send me a private post if you need more help. I think we looked at every possible venue in the city.
    Good Luck!
  • I'm searching as well. I looked into Beat Street Station in manayunk, and am still waiting to hear back from the coordinator to arrange a tour/meeting. They're having an open house on 3/18, so if I don't hear from her by then, at least I can see the place. lol!

Surprisingly, after 10 years of us being together, we're in a rush to get married before the year is up. So I'm left trying to find a reception venue with "champagne taste", but on a "beer" budget!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards