Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Something to toss as we walk back down the isle

I would like to make baggies with real rose petals in them for our guests to toss as we walk back down the isle.

I was wondering if I really needed to make, and pay for, baggies for EACH guest (about 195) or could I just make enough (maybe 100) for each "couple"

I could either place them on every other chair or put them in a basket and those who get there early, get a baggie.

Is this tacky or should I plan on making a baggie for each guest?
~Amy

Re: Something to toss as we walk back down the isle

• Options

My vote is make 100. Put them in a basket near the entrance to the ceremony/seating area.

Not everyone who RSVPs "yes" will attend the ceremony anyways.  Plus there are plenty of people (like my DH) who wouldn't want to do any petal tossing.

p.s. Could you look into making paper cones to store the petals versus bags? It just seems to be more practical.

• Options
    I would only make enough for the chairs lining the aisle.  I don't think your guests are going to want to have petals raining on them because people can't actually get them to you.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_something-to-toss-as-we-walk-back-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:4a31739b-05c2-4060-bfd2-aa82289bbb43Post:8430d165-6931-4779-a9c5-12087a0f4da2">Re: Something to toss as we walk back down the isle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would only make enough for the chairs lining the aisle.  I don't think your guests are going to want to have petals raining on them because people can't actually get them to you.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  Best wishes!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I kind of thought about just placing them on the inner rows of the chairs too. Youre right, not everyone wants to toss and the people on the outside wont get the petals on us anyway, they will just fall on other guests. :)
  • Options
    Stage Manager is totally correct.  There is no way that a church or other venue will allow rose petals or rice or anything else to be thrown throughout the entire place from both sides of the center aisle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards