Florida-Central Florida
Options

Help! Need Reception Location Suggestions NSB

Hi! I am new to the board and getting married on March 26, 2011. My FH wants to get married on the beach in New Smyrna or Cocoa but we have been at a loss for affordable places for a reception. We have both been married before and don't want to spend a fortune for a wedding reception.  His mom is a snow bird and goes back to Lockport, NY in April so we need to have it before she goes back.   We both live in Orlando but don't want our guests to have to drive back to O-town for the reception.  There will be approximately 40 to 50 people at the reception.  Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

Thanks!!!

Re: Help! Need Reception Location Suggestions NSB

• Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

"Affordable" is different to everyone, so my suggestion is to just search for ideas near by. Hotels were too much for what we were looking to spend and we wanted to be able to bring our own alcohol. So, we're using the Peninsula Club in Daytona Beach for our reception. It's only $50/hr to rent (plus a $200 refundable deposit). Check out this site for some different locations around the east coast: http://www.affordableweddings-notary.com/wedding_venues.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    ctrueblood88ctrueblood88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Brittany! The link you listed gave me a list of some great places to look which are in the area where we want to be.  I really appreciate your help.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    our wedding is in Melbourne, we're having 40 guests and the reception will be at a restaurant. that might be a good option for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest checking out several restaurants in the area (Spanish Grille, etc) that can accommodate you and give you a great deal on food.  There are several places along the coast from Ormond through NSB that are great for a small wedding.  Also, check out museums, or local parks with rentals.  Call the Chamber of Commerce, the Women's Club, etc and they can help you with resources.  There are som GREAT caterers at great price points in Daytona/NSB.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    JenaebabyJenaebaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you tried the sugar mill? on 44 by i-95 in nsb... really pretty
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards