New Jersey

Snowing in October

Oh I get it..Halloween is dressing up like Christmas this year...
My one cat is loving the snow right now. He staring out the window trying the grab the snow that falls on the screen.
~He is the best part of my day~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Snowing in October

• edited December 2011
    It's a complete mess in my area.  I was in the middle of eating lunch @ Riverside in Hackensack when ALL of the power went out.  It just took me about an hour to get home from there when I live under 10mins away @ the other end of town. Trees down everywhere, no stop lights working, etc.  Im just happy I have power...for now.  Stay safe :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Been without power for 4 hrs & have no idea when it's coming back. Praying that there is no snow in the coming wks as I'm getting married & was hoping for an outside ceremony.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Over this weather... down trees everywhere by my house
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Double...I live around that area and we wanted to go to Whole Foods to get stuff for dinner, cuz we had just about nothing in the house...A 5min drive there took 30min...only to have the power out...EVERYWHERE and then drive 30min back...
    It is just freaking crazy. I just hope this isn't a precursor for things to come...
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Roxbury Nj a foot and counting ! 

Tree in my front yard cracked right in half !

Poor pumpkin never had a chance lol 
  • GiGiV2012GiGiV2012 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Luckily, my power hasn't gone out yet but the roads are all slushy and gross here in Bayonne. We were supposed to go out to a Halloween party but we decided not to risk driving.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_snowing-october?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:89b4f28e-9c18-4ca7-8f58-de2f2cc0ebd8Post:57b16829-9eda-4d0c-a691-8a3bc26bc529">Re: Snowing in October</a>:
    [QUOTE]Double...I live around that area and we wanted to go to Whole Foods to get stuff for dinner, cuz we had just about nothing in the house...A 5min drive there took 30min...only to have the power out...EVERYWHERE and then drive 30min back... It is just freaking crazy. I just hope this isn't a precursor for things to come...
    Posted by Phoenixashes[/QUOTE]

Do you have power in your home???  This area is such a mess.  I have a friend staying here tonight and my parents bc they have no power/heat.  :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shoe...may your pumpkin RIP..
    Double...yes we do have power...but apparently the apartments right across the way from us are without...so we are lucky! Your parents and your friend are very fortunate to have you in their life. Hope you all make the most of this "lovely" weather we're having...
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance just measured outside.....16.5 inches where we are....amazing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards