Chinese Weddings

Need a wedding planner familar with Vietnamese Traditions in Houston!

Hi, We are a bi-racial couple (I'm Vietnamese and he's white) and are now at a point that we are looking for a planner. We would like to have a mix of western and Vietnamese flair to the wedding and do not want to hire someone who is completely clueless about the Vietnamese part but still are Americanized. Any help, hints, or leads would help. Thanks,
~~~grammatically incorrect~~~

Re: Need a wedding planner familar with Vietnamese Traditions in Houston!

• FutureMrsDangFutureMrsDang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a planner, but I am from Houston.  I might be able to help you with any questions about local vendors.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know any planner in the Houston area, but I am vietnamese and might be able to help if you have a specific question
  • tohruchantohruchan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think i know someone who does wedding planning in houston.. she's one of my friend's friends.  what's your contact info?also if you want references for other vendors, let me know (since i'm from htown too).
  • edited December 2011
    When we were trying to find a wedding planner. In southern california, I came across Ruth Wang at www.plan2perfection.com. I know she isn't in your area, but thought she might know someone if you contacted her. She was knowledgeable of both asian and american weddings.
  • edited December 2011
    Please do not refer this florist to anyone!! I sent this email to Kim Son because they use him for their weddings. It reads: Tho Cao was the florist I used for my wedding last Friday, September 4, 2009. To make a long story short he has been very difficult to work with. He is very confusing when he explains things and if I you ask any question he yells. He is very unorganized and impolite. He yelled at me the last time we talked before my wedding to finalize our order. He was mad when I asked for a count of all the items ordered. He has a strange system. I wish he had listened because on my wedding day he did not have 4 important orders I asked for. Our Pastor and three of my husband's family members did receive their flowers. He yelled at me on my wedding day when I asked him to please deliver the missing items. There is more to add about how rude he has been throughout the process. I continued to use him because he was referred to me from the Vietnamese church by my mother-in-law. It  also was better to stay with him than to shop for a florist again. I  thought he was crazy but that in the end he would make it work. He did tell me he was the best Vietnamese florist in Houston. No bride or paying customer deserves disrespect. I am not upset about the money lost rather I am upset about the humiliation and stress he caused me at my wedding. I ask that you please think twice about using his business.Here is his information:www.bestvillawedding.comVilla Florist Tho Cao (Tommy)Tel: 832-878-9924 Address: 10786-D Bellaire Blvd. Houston, TX 77072
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried looking at the list on http://www.gatheringguide.com/event_dir/tx_texas/houston/evl_event_planners.html yet? There are so many people, I'm sure there will be someone who understands.
  • Hello Everyone!

My fiance and I are planning for a Summer wedding in July of 2013 and would like assistance in locating a Vietnamese Wedding Planner/Coordinator in the Boston/Worcester, MA area. If you know anyone, please kindly inform us.

Thank you for your time and assistance. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards