Snarky Brides

Afternoon Thread

still can't do anything.

Edie- I think I'm going to try the recipe your hubby cooked last night tonight. :)

any plans this evening? I think we're going to decorate the tree! YAY

Re: Afternoon Thread

• Afternoon ladies.

Nothing going on here, almost time for lunch. Tonight I hang out with the dog.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I need to take Riff to the dog park-

It is Wednesday Edie- New SVU AND Criminal minds

Does anyone watch the voice? I'm SOO sad cody went home!
  • Afternoon, all!  I must have been in panic mode this morning because I pretty much finished up everything I needed to finish.  Yay me!  I have a meeting at 2 and my boss mentioned wanting me to teach my team the basics of how to use a new delivery platform.  She hasn't said anything since this morning though which I think means everyone has meetings.

Tonight we were supposed to go see West Side Story but I think I want to just stay in and relax after the gym.  We will have a late night tomorrow, going to the basketball game which doesn't start until 9pm Surprised.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good afternoon!

I'm having an interestingly boring day.  Lots of stuff happening but nothing really worth putting in print.
  • Hey ladies,

I got a surprise afternoon off (kinda good, but I'll have to make up the hours later b'c of a sick kid). So I think I'm going to work on my assignment that's due next Monday.

Although I've kinda hit the wall, and am feeling pretty pooped from all the late night excitement last night. Might just watch The Chew instead....

• Hey everyone!  Today is so boring and I'm so tired...horrible combination.  I'm being a crappy friend and bailing on dinner w/ my friend tonight because I am beat.  I'm just going to stay in and make chicken rice soup and veg out on the couch.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Afternoon!

No concrete plans for tonight. I work at a weekly newspaper and today is our press day, meaning that I will work anywhere from 8-12 hours today. I'm looking forward to either eating leftover homemade soup I made last night, or having H pick up something tasty and we'll eat leftovers tomorrow instead. I'm also looking forward to watching Top Chef tonight if I have the time to see it. 

We watch two reality competition shows, Top Chef and Project Runway. Occasionally I try to watch the Next Iron Chef too, but it's not setup to record on our dvr. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • JCB! you tell him my Husband does that too! and then complains when I won't play with him!

I love Draw something- can't cheat at that!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:d14fd8e3-f340-47c2-8541-9feaec24c68b">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon Thread : jcbee has me hooked on that.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

Play with me!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:328cf67f-a5b7-43f1-b009-53af0e824275">Re:Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're at the Atlanta airport. Layover. My H is cheating at scrabble. Asswhole. I'm winning but I refuse to continue playing with a cheater.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

How do you cheat at Scrabble, other than making up words.

My boss just got me a Chai Tea Latte, yum!
  • hey ladies! I'm SO bored at work. I got a new job a few months ago and definitely don't have enough to do. It makes for long days that's for sure.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:31ba3618-4bd6-4871-a083-6ae9dc0f8166">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon Thread : My job is the same way a lot.  I try to keep myself occupied though.

yea, I try also. But to add to it, my boss is on vaca (in Hawaii right now - lucky!). So, I've done some cleaning out of random stuff and other miscellaneous things. It's hard to keep myself from shopping online, but it's my favorite thing to do when I need to fill the time!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:2c195dcb-7285-4a9a-bec0-3b151db6b51d">Re:Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Afternoon Thread : <strong>How do you cheat at Scrabble,</strong> other than making up words. My boss just got me a Chai Tea Latte, yum!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

go to scrabble cheat sites.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:20765435-b987-431f-a78f-5bbb37da6a6b">Re:Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Afternoon Thread: Are you really a 70 year old man sitting in your basement in your underwear?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

haha- This cracked me up!

Edie- I don't know. probably not :(
  • I don't have a "smart phone" and don't really have the desire to get one just yet. It's mostly because I'm cheap and can't afford the data plan right now. Except that I'm often jealous of people who can play games against each other like Draw Something, Words with Friends, etc. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I haven't done crap today other than make a soup for dinner tonight. So much for a productive day off.. whoops. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:e6d83469-82cf-4aed-9d44-4618af896af9">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have a "smart phone" and don't really have the desire to get one just yet. It's mostly <strong>because I'm cheap and can't afford the data plan right now</strong>. Except that I'm often jealous of people who can play games against each other like Draw Something, Words with Friends, etc. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the universe that feels this way. My own mother is mad because I cant receive pictures on my old flip phone.

I've told her I have no desire to pay a huge bill for something I rarely use anyway. Half the time I leave it at home.

Tiffany-My boss warned me when he hired me that my job would be boring 4 years later and I usually have too much work, be careful what you wish for ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:92472af8-3ba9-453e-ae01-eddde8bf44f4">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]B2Z, I was the same way about a smartphone.  We haven't gotten the first bill but I'm hoping it's not much more then what we were paying before.  We'll see. I think it's cheaper if you're on a family plan?

<div>Yeah, I believe it is cheaper on a family plan. Unfortunately H got his smart phone through work and they also pay for his plan entirely, so I can't have one with him. I think I'll eventually bite the bullet and get one, but I'm putting it off as long as possible. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:dccec528-1b10-44f8-a79c-caa2abc529e3">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon Thread : Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the universe that feels this way. My own mother is mad because I cant receive pictures on my old flip phone. <strong>I've told her I have no desire to pay a huge bill for something I rarely use anyway</strong>. Half the time I leave it at home. Tiffany-My boss warned me when he hired me that my job would be boring 4 years later and I usually have too much work, be careful what you wish for ;)
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I sit in front of my computer at work for 8+ hours a day. When I come home from work all I want to do is relax, disconnect, and be away from my computer. Plus, everyone else around me has a smartphone. If my phone can't do something, someone else's who's right next to me can do it instead. </div>

• Draw something is my favorite!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Dumb Question- How do I check PM's?
  • Nevermind- Got it!!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:dccec528-1b10-44f8-a79c-caa2abc529e3">Re: Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Afternoon Thread : Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one in the universe that feels this way. My own mother is mad because I cant receive pictures on my old flip phone. I've told her I have no desire to pay a huge bill for something I rarely use anyway. Half the time I leave it at home. <strong>Tiffany-My boss warned me when he hired me that my job would be boring 4 years later and I usually have too much work, be careful what you wish for ;)
    </strong>Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

I know. You're not the only one saying this to me. I'll just blame it on the new job honeymoon...haha. I've been with the same company for over 4 years, but recently got a promotion and into a new division of the company. It's great, and there will be lots for me to do, eventually. For now, I'll just shop, TK, do homework and plan parties ;)

We're rediculous when it comes to our smart phones. We both have iPhone 5's because they are the newest, though definitely not different from my 4s. Eh, whatever, I like it. We do get tons of crap from our friends about it, but it's OK, we expect it now. haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_afternoon-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1724d46a-dc0f-41b7-9e7a-51c5ebf1587bPost:da1e2596-5655-48c6-a0d2-80f4f6443bb2">Re:Afternoon Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Afternoon Thread : DED. B2Z, they won't let him add you to his phone plan?  That's weird.  Is that normal?

<div>Sorry if I'm a little slow to catch on, but I've been wondering this every time you post it - what does DED stand for? Also you use something else with 4 letters, one of which is Q, what does that mean? </div><div>
    </div><div>H has a smartphone through his company basically because he does programming creating software for the iphone. His company doesn't pay for everyone's cellphone or cellphone plans, only a few people who specifically need it for work purposes. He also has a Mac laptop he got for free for the same reason. He only specifically uses that laptop for work reasons, but he gets to use his phone all the time.</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards