Second Weddings

Grrrr puppy rant

That is what FI calls me when I get like this and sorry for this but it seems like no one around me wants to listen to me.

31 days (May 13) and so much to do...uggggh.  MOH still needs to find a dress (yikes) and because she works evening and myself days (six days a week) it's a little hard to coordinate a day to go out (she wants me there to say yes or no but I tell her she has to wear it again not me, gave her only a colour to go on and she can choose the style, budget, etc), the flowers my step mom is doing and I have everything picked out but because of this dress she hasn't started them yet.  On a plus note though my dress is almost done and my seamstress is even making a flowergirl dress for my youngest daughter's teddy bear that day (she is carrying Bear down the aisle with her and Bear is carrying the rings as I don't know or have anyone young enough to be the ring bearer.  She overheard me taking about it with my step mom and simply said "Mommy bear can carrying your ring after all she is a bear") so yes Bear has a dress fitting (I know alittle strange) and most of the guests have replied so I can at least get the reception setting started too :)

With it being the second time for both myself and FI(I did the big wedding the first time at 21 and he did the courthouse thing at 20), you would figure everyone would be adult about things however it's not the case - I could write a book about how my mother is momzilla of the bride right now.  My FI is a little miffed right now as MOH is planning something for me in two weeks-when we actually got the time to shop together I mentioned how I wanted to get something "special" for my wedding night for FI to see and FI wanted his witness and the MOH to host something together.  I'm ready to scream at this point and say "I'm done and you wondered why I dragged my heels for 6 years"  

Re: Grrrr puppy rant

• edited December 2011
    • Breathe sweetie. 
    • Bear sounds like a perfectly WONDERFUL ringbear (<--- the first time this frequently used mis-spelling actually applies!)
    • Do your flowers.  The truth is, if they are a little off, no one will notice.  If they are WAY off, the worst you have to do is replace the clashing colors.  There's a 50/50 chance that you won't, and you will have that stress off your shoulders.
    • Accept the parties as they are.  Its just not that big of a deal. 
    • Ignore Momzilla.  Change the subject if she starts.  Say, "Mom- you're stressing me out, I'm not discussing this."  Hang up if she won't let go.  (Nicely-- "oops, gotta go, pans boiling over!! Bye")
    • Find some time to ENJOY these 31 days left.  Have a glass of something with your Fi, and remember why it is you wanted to marry him.  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    Could you send your MOH a selection of like 6 dresses from a designer and have her pick one of them?  That way you would be sure about the color?

Or, how about if you go to the salon one night and pull out a few dresses for her to try on the next day?  fI'm sure they would be willing to keep them set aside for you.
  • edited December 2011
    I <3 the idea of the ringbearer.  That's so cute!
  • Megaboo1116Megaboo1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ringbearer idea is super cute!!! I love that your daughter came up with it too... very "planner" like ;-)

As for the other details, I agree with the pp. Try to breathe and not stress over the details. It will all come together and people aren't going to remember the small details~ they're gonna remember looking at the two of you knowing how in love and happy you are!
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    MOH dress update - our boss came through with a very nice royal blue/black two piece dress for her and they are the same size.  So now the flowers are finally getting done. I just haven't told my step mom that black is apart of the dress.

I do plan to post Bear in its dress(when its done) and FI surprised me tonight with tickets to a baseball game for next weekend (my birthday weekend) for some breathe time and he said the blackberry must NOT be tied to this website...lol
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great, problem solved. Now just enjoy as much as you can the last 30 days. I was wound up pretty tight the last week before the wedding, so my best advice I can give you is to try to have everything completed as soon as possible. You can't control the flowers, but complete everything you can. Especially the seating charts (which can be a royal pain) and things to be packed and taken to the venue.
    Congrats and welcome to the board, please post pics of your wedding, you in your dress too as well as bear.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards