Chit Chat

Pet Peeve of the day

After a long day of people parking their shopping carts blocking the center of the isle and continuing to walk 20 feet away to get a product they wanted, I'd like to come relax at home. Unfourtunataly the neighbor guy feels ther need to hammer on the siding project of his house remodel at 9:30 pm. I think I am going to hammer on his mellon.

What's your peeve of the day?

Re: Pet Peeve of the day

• I drove all the way to school (45 minutes one way) just to find out our paper and review are both posted online. Oh, and people in San Antonio do -not- know how to drive, Left lane = for passing or going faster than the speed limit
  • mine is, people who don't listen and follow directions!

i try to help people fix things all day, and no one ever listens the first time.  i end up having to tell people 1000 times to do things, because they think they know better than me what will fix it.  even though i'm the one who gets paid to fix it!

eventually they try my way and it works and they are absolutely shocked that it worked.  they never realize i could save them a half hour of time if they would just listen to me in the first place!
  • It seems that every day someone on TK uses isle instead of aisle which really aggravates me. Learn the difference.
  • ANTS IN OUR KITCHEN!!!

UGH.

I hate bugs anyway, and we deal with a decent amount of them living on the bottom floor, but it seems like they're all invading our kitchen right now. I did a really thorough cleaning of the floor and counter tops yesterday hoping that would stop them from coming, but it didn't :(

Gotta get some traps & spray tonight.
  • People who say "incidences" and "anyways."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:e3399aea-f479-4565-80f9-935f4a33dd95">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]ANTS IN OUR KITCHEN!!! UGH. I hate bugs anyway, and we deal with a decent amount of them living on the bottom floor, but it seems like they're all invading our kitchen right now. I did a really thorough cleaning of the floor and counter tops yesterday hoping that would stop them from coming, but it didn't :( Gotta get some traps & spray tonight.
    Posted by breaness[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
  • People who talk with their mouth full, chew like cows and slurp their beverages. I have problems with people making noises with their mouth that isn't a sound projected by their vocal cords.  Oh and people who go ''Aaah'' after they drink something.  It's irritating.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:e39f84c1-5685-4c1d-b364-30eb2b72e532">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I drove all the way to school (45 minutes one way) just to find out our paper and review are both posted online. Oh, and people in <strong>San Antonio do -not- know how to drive, Left lane = for passing or going faster than the speed limit</strong>
    Posted by stacie+luciano[/QUOTE]

neither do people in pittsburgh... people here also do not understand the meaning of a center lane.. holding up traffic, because they don't know what a center lane is, trying to turn left and when you honk they look at you like you are retarded
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:97d48544-d060-45ff-af9a-df13f721ebca">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeve of the day : neither do people in pittsburgh... people here also do not understand the meaning of a center lane.. holding up traffic, because they don't know what a center lane is, trying to turn left and when you honk they look at you like you are retarded
    Posted by nrawlings26[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:e7f4ad69-9e8d-4add-91fd-b8580efccac7">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>People who talk with their mouth full, chew like cows and slurp their beverages</strong>. I have problems with people making noises with their mouth that isn't a sound projected by their vocal cords.  Oh and people who go ''Aaah'' after they drink something.  It's irritating.
    Posted by Cynthia1207[/QUOTE]

You just described my FMIL.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:4d78f6a6-fb4f-47e1-9ff4-53fef628efcb">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pet Peeve of the day : You just described my FMIL.
    Posted by Hellokatie0517[/QUOTE]

Lucky you....
  • people who say "pacific" instead of specific! Unless you are talking about the ocean, learn your words! UGH! Drives me crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • People thinking the world revolves around them. Everyone is going through hard times..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:f218972c-b30e-470e-b839-42294fd32b00">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]People who say "incidences" and "anyways."
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

<div>One of my professors says anyways. I want to slap him when he does it</div>
  • The intern at work doesn't understand the concept of quickly. When we have an animal out on the table, nows not the time to be slow! Get them out, get them up as fast as possible! Oh and she doesn't know how to clean or help out!!! She washed two instruments in a pack of thirty today, walked away from the whole bloody  pack and started texting!!!! That really ticked me off! Sorry that was more venting than anything but it felt good, thanks :)

imageVisit The Nest!
  • people who misspell ANYthing. don't they have the red squiggly on their computer when it's wrong?

OH--and adults (aka women old enough to be getting married) who use the wrong form of "you're" or "your", or "there", "their", and "they're". And alot. it's TWO WORDS. A LOT. does no one proofread nowadays??

also--parents of children. not all (i'm sure all of you are flawless! :)), but the ones who don't follow directions and think their kid is perfection.

OH--and people who don't tip well. If you are provided a service, reward whoever provided it to you. Not even just talking about myself (i work in the restaurant biz), but when I'm out with someone and they don't leave a good tip, I get so embarrassed! And usually leave extra..
    September 2011 December Siggy: First Kiss
    imagePregnancy Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Blog!
  • Co-workers who are bullies for no reason!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:4832a356-4894-4647-b3cb-23ef46fdcacd">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]people who say "pacific" instead of specific! Unless you are talking about the ocean, learn your words! UGH! Drives me crazy!
    Posted by jenniferacampbell[/QUOTE]

This.  Also, saying "suposably" instead of "supposedly".  "Irregardless" ticks me off too. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_pet-peeve-of-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:7c3096ab-8e06-41d1-9f12-377687181538Post:4624d991-c7c2-4b16-a17b-dcdae0a24a63">Re: Pet Peeve of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]people who misspell ANYthing. don't they have the red squiggly on their computer when it's wrong? Posted by futuremrseagle[/QUOTE]

I do if I'm in Word but not if I'm posting online. Not everybody uses Firefox.
  • My co-worker who uses pet names for everyone, including our customers.  FYI I'm not your baby doll, sweetie or sugar pants!  Yes, she really does call people sugar pants. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards