Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cheap hair and makeup

Having a real small reception in parents backyard. Even though it's small, I still want to look better then I ever have. I need a cheap hair dresser / make up artist I can go to.. I think I'll be keeping my hair down, maybe curled.. but I want my make up done by a professional... ;] Never had it done and just want to see what someone can do with this mug of mine :D  Any suggestions Dallas Knotties?!!?

Re: Cheap hair and makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using AH Makeup Artistry and her prices are reasonable, but she does not do hair.

If you are looking for cheap I would recommend making an appointment with Clinique or Mac and they will do your makeup for you if you purchase a little bit of makeup (usually about $30 worth).   Then you could make an appointment for an up-do with Tony and Guy or somewhere similar (if you go to a regular stylist for your haircuts, you chould check with them too).  You could probably could do all of this for $100-$150 dollars or less.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Research salons near you and see if they have a makeup artist on staff. I agree about the MAC counter, also. You have to buy $50 worth of product, but the makeup application is free. You would want to buy lipstick and maybe a powder for touch ups on your wedding day, so that is pretty much a wash. They are well-trained, and do a great job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to my regular stylist and she did my hair for $45. Then at the church I had a friend do my make-up who always does a really good job on her own make-up. I paid her $25 for my portraits and $25 for the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards