Rhode Island
Options

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Hello ladies!

My girls and I are going to start looking for dresses. I got my dress from the Bridal Garden in EG so asides from there and David's Bridal. Any recommendations to where we should go? Thanks in advance :)

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sassy and Classy in East Greenwich has a nice selection of bridesmaid dresses and Party Dress Express in Fall River, MA  has one of the biggest selections of dresses period plus free alterations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm partial to Bridal Garden - I got my girls' dresses there, and have since bought my veils and petticoat there...everyone on their staff is wonderful, and so patient and helpful :)  They had a great selection and we ended up with Liz Fields #227.

I'm not sure how many maids you have, but a helpful tip is to look by yourself at first and establish a sense of what you want your party to look like (I wish I'd done that but didn't until the end when I was overly stressed with multiple opinions from 7 girls).
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Wishing Well so we just did the BM dresses from there, too.  I had my sister come with me (I kind of already knew what I wanted) and got her to try some on and got her reaction to some.  We knew our other sister was going to be 8.5 months pregnant so if they were going to wear the same dress, it had to have a maternity option.  As it turned out, both my sisters needed the maternity dress, haha.  So once my sister decided on which dresses she liked, I sent the other two BMs to try the same ones on (they all lived in different states).  They all picked their favs and got sized at their local stores, then I ordered them at WW.  They ended up liking the same one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my wedding dress at the Wishing Well in E.Providence and my BM's will be going there for their dresses as well. They had a great selection and are very helpful.
  • Options
    MaryLaura13MaryLaura13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on going to Party Dress Express so my girls can try on dresses for their enomorous amount of dresses. Then we will find a place closer to home that has the dress we decide on
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic">" /> Bouquet Inspiration
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I got my dress at the Wishing Well and cannot say enough great things about them. I only have my sister who is i my bridesmaid. They have a huge selection of dresses. and fair prices compared to other shops. I would shop around if it helps, but call around for a good price before you settle.
  • Options
    OhkaylaOhkayla member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestions :) We will definitely be shopping around since the girls in my party have a limited budget and very different tastes :)
  • Options
    pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi Ohkayla,

I definately agree with the girls in this post re taking the least amount of people possible.  We have a matron of honor who insisted on wearing a different style, our dresses turned up about 3 weeks ago (non refundable/exchangeable) and now we have completely changed the dres to the one I originally wanted as we had some unhappy girls amongst us. 

We have a fairly big bridal party (7 + me) and we have 7 Belsoie rose petal dresses available for anyone that wants cheap dresses LOL.

We have just placed our 2nd order at Lazaro and I couldn't be happier but the process has been incredibly stressful (and expensive for me as I picked up the extra cost of the new dress for each girl), am glad to have it out of the way and thought I was doing the right thing by giving the girls options and all it did was stress me out and I ended up with a bridesmaid dress that wasn't my first choice *sigh* .  Good luck, remember you're the Bride and what you want goes :)

?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • Options
    Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ana's Bridal in East Providence. They seriously have hundreds and hundreds of dresses. The staff there is also very helpful : )
  • Options
    susieq52susieq52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest going to the House of Brides in Woonsocket RI. I have no idea why I never see this place mentioned on this board. I loved everything about the, the service, the quaility of gowns, the prices and just how freindly all the staff were. Check it out, it seems to be a hidden gem!!! Good luck on your search.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards