Hawaii

Need advice on hotel picks

I am planning my wedding in Waikiki for October. We have selected the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Has anyone stayed here before, if so what are yoiur thoughts/experiences. I thought it was a good selection because many of our guests have children and it is listed as family friendly.

For our HM we are planning to stay at the Grand Wailea in Maui. Any advice on this hotel? Thanks in advance.

Re: Need advice on hotel picks

• edited December 2011
    The Grand Wailea is GORGEOUS! We used the spa there for mani/pedis before the wedding and... my god, was it nice!
  • edited December 2011
    The Grand Wailea is a beautiful resort! The Spa is phenomenal! I'd also recommend looking at the Fairmont Kea Lani, which is right next door.  The Kea Lani's rooms are generally bigger, but not as expensive.  Plus, I've always been a fan of their swim-up bar and adult only pool.  
  • edited December 2011
    I've stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and my wedding is actually there in June.  We LOVE it and our kids LOVE it there.  I have nothing but great things to say about it.  Pool is great, beach is great, restaurants are incredible, service - fabulous.  No complaints whatsoever!  Let's hope this time will be the same experience!  Great bars too!!  Let me know if you have any specific questions.
  • edited December 2011
    The Hilton Hawaiian Village is beautiful you'll love it!
    The Grand Wailea is also gorgeous but if I had to pick for a honeymoon I'd go with the Four Season Maui which is next door to the Grand Wailea. I spent about 4 hours reading reviews on trip advisor to decide which hotel to HM in in Maui and the Four Seaons got the best reviews hence we chose it for our HM. I was not disappointed at all it's truly 5 stars quiet and so peaceful my hubby and i really liked that there were barely any children around compared to when we stayed at the Grand Wailea in the past.  Either way you can't go wrong but I must say I'd do the Four Season for a HM hands down I can't wait to one day go back there we loved it! Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards