Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Outdoor wedding

Does anyone have any good ideas on venues in Louisville, KY that aren't too pricey and that has an area for an outdoor wedding and an indoor reception. We wanted to try to have everything in the same place. So far we are looking at the Conrad-Caldwell House and the Nunnlea House. We want to see if there is anywhere else. We have looked a lot of places.

Re: Outdoor wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Farnsley-Moreman Landing.  They looked to be pretty reasonable and they have an outdoor place as well as an indoor place.  Here is the website: Click!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a friend get married at the Peterson-Dumesnil house and it was BEAUTIFUL.  I'm not sure how much the house and grounds rented for but I know they spent less than $8,000 on their wedding.
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sawyer-Hayes would be good, but they book up fast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Gingerwoods next year, and we plan to have our ceremony outside and our reception indoors.  Their Saturdays are pretty expensive, but if you book on a Friday or Sunday, they're reasonable.  www.mygingerwoods.com.
  • Options
    HanBananaHanBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the current going rate for a Saturday at Sawyer Hayes? Do they have a time limit?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does it have to be Louisville?  I loved Hubers Winery. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    crazygirl4134crazygirl4134 member
    edited December 2011
    Hubers is SUPER pricey. Already considered it though. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are Gingerwood's prices like? because I looked there and it looked pretty pricey.
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2011 pricing for Sawyer-Hayes was $1500 and a 15% surcharge for the caterer. I forget what Gingerwoods was, but it was pretty comparable I think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_outdoor-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:6a2518ba-e417-40d6-85a9-98149780533dPost:bc74f5ca-84f4-4f38-9c1b-c5b61ed68c7b">Re: Outdoor wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hubers is SUPER pricey. Already considered it though. Thank you.
    Posted by crazygirl4134[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing so we went with another place.  It turns out that the other place is actually more expensive once everything is added up.  :-(  The great thing about Hubers Winery was that they included everything.  I didn't think about having to pay staff fee for the caterer, fee for napkins, cokes,dishes,  etc.  Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to just take a loss on my desposit. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, it would work if we were planning to pay for catering but we are having our family members make our food instead and just having the entrees catered through Kroger's catering and he works there, so he gets a discount too. How much would Hubers cost you with everything?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards