California-Bay Area

Need to find a cheap wedding cake :(

Hi girls, anyone know of any good bakeries in the East Bay that are inexpensive? I have a very small budget for my wedding cake, about $250-$300 for a 100 person cake. I know I am pushing it a little but I think it can be done. Any suggestions?

Re: Need to find a cheap wedding cake :(

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out cakecreationsbybev.com.  She charges $3 per slice.

Also, check out your local Chinese bakeries.  They often do wedding cakes for $2-3/pp.
  • edited December 2011

thanks for the suggestion, I had already checked with Bev a few weeks ago and she is already doing another wedding the same day :(

• paigejsamplepaigejsample member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend makes delicious cakes. Here is her Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=320725370771&ref=ts

Call 650-580-9725 or email katiefitzcakes@aol.com for a consultation.

She is based out of San Francisco, FYI.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, thanks, Im going to conact her. Does she have reasonable prices?
  • kcollins11kcollins11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cascade Cakes in Tracy!! She charges $3 per slice, and that includes most decorations. She doesn't charge extra for fondant either! Just had a tasting with her this weekend and it was great. Her cakes are beautiful. Good luck!
    Sept. 2011 August Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    St. Lucia!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow her cakes are beautiful! I just emailed her lets see if she can make it happen. Although Im afraid she might be too far to deliver to Oakland :(

We'll see, thanks for the suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes!
  • edited December 2011

If your budget is really tight you may want to consider COSTCO or WalMart.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • keithandkeelykeithandkeely member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue Faina cakes (suefainacakes.com) and let her know of your budget- she will do a modest 2 tier for cutting and pictures, and sheet cakes for the rest.

I don't know of prices for this other woman, but try cakesbysina.com
    She is a nurse and works out of her own home to make them.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for this rec, I have a tasting set up with Anne at Cascade this week :)
  • kcollins11kcollins11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear it! We were so happy to find her :) If you bring pictures of cakes you like she'll tell you if she can make something like them. Good luck!
    Sept. 2011 August Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    St. Lucia!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bonzo2011Bonzo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your date? If it's after July 2011, check out Your Happy Baker at
    http://yourhappybaker.blogspot.com/

Erin is my fiance's cousin. She does great cakes, and she's just starting out using baking as a business, so her prices are not too expensive, though I don't know what they are.
  • edited December 2011
    Sunset bakery quoted us $200 for a 150 person 3-tiered cake!  We haven't gone to a tasting yet, but the reviews of this place are great:

(The cakes in the photos are a teensy bit crooked, but it could be a good price/value tradeoff)
  • edited December 2011
    If nothing else, try your local grocery store. You may think I'm crazy but on a budget they are amazing. My cousin got her's done there and it was georgous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards