Christian Weddings

Welcome/ Roll Call!

Re: Welcome/ Roll Call!

• edited December 2011
    hi everyone!  thanks for the welcoming board!  

First Name for you & FI:  krissy and ralph
    Wedding Date: 4.28.12
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: not sure yet!
    City You Live In : currently nashville due to work, permanent residence in denver, but the wedding is in chicago!
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: ivory.  i heart my dress. :)
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: yellow and grey.
    Fave Bible Verse: ruth 1:16, it will be read at our wedding: "don't ever urge me to leave you or turn back from you.  where you go i will go and where you stay i will stay.  your people will be my people and your god will be my god."  i always choke up when i hear it!

• yodacubyodacub member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi all - I just discovered this board today and I'm excited about it!

First Name for you & FI: Jodi and Tom

Wedding Date: April 14, 2012

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Tom likes wedding sand, I like unity candle, we'll see what we end up with :)

City You Live In : I live in Lansing, MI, Tom lives in Zeeland, MI, which is where the wedding is

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Going shopping next week :D

Wedding Colors if You picked them: Royal blue and yellow

Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Romans 8:38-39, Tom's is Isaiah 40:31
  • edited December 2011
    I'm updating - I was BrideToBeBecauseHeLovesMe.
    First Name for you & DH:  Clint & Beth
    Wedding Date:  May 1, 2011
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding:  We did sand after all.  :P
    City You Live In :  Salem, Arkansas
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it:  White with a little dab of blue crinoline and a blue sash-like thing.
    Wedding Colors if You picked them:  Marine Blue and White with just a touch of yellow just for the daisies in the flowers.
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board:  I have two right now. 
    Psalm 23:6 - Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 
    Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Mimi and Luke
    Wedding Date: August 10, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: If we choose anything, it will probably be the Three Strand Cord
    City You Live In : Northern Nevada
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Ivory/Oyster
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Sage Green and Sky Blue
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Psalm 46:10 (Be Still, and know that I am God)
    "Who died and made you Dagon?" - stackeye210 I'm supposed to be falling for myself...and not falling for just any guy out there in the world.....
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI:  Amber and Dave
    Wedding Date:  October 2, 2011
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding -i.e. Sand, Unity Candle/ 3      
    Stranded Cord, etc.:  We are going to be doing a unity candle between two of the readings
    City You Live In:  Salt Lake City, UT
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Ivory
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Grey, silver and orange...I think it will go grea with the fall colors!!
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board:  To many verse to name :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wish I wouldve found this board earlier

First Name for you & FI: Lindsay & Shawn
    Wedding Date: August 27, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding : Havent decided yet
    City You Live In :Sandy, OR
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Off-White
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: different shades of purple
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Lords' Prayer
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI:
    Kelli and Tyler
    Wedding Date
    March 17, 2011
             Stranded Cord, etc.
    Sand and foot washing!
    City You Live In I'm in Wasilla, Alaska and he is stationed in Alabama.  He received his new orders and will be up here in September!!! :
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Haven't picked a dress yet
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: it keeps changing but right now we're thinking dark/navy blue
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board  The WHOLE BIBLE !! lol really I love a lot but some are Jeremiah 29:11, Phillippians 4:13, Psalm 139
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Leanne & Kevin
    Wedding Date: June 30, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Hourglass cermemony (my 3 will add thier sand to the sand that FH & I pour in)
    City You Live In : Martinsville (me) & Danville (FH), VA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: pale purple or ivory
    Wedding Colors if You picked them:Dark purple and hot pink
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: 1st Corinthians 13 (my brother is singing "Love Never Fails" as I walk down the aisle)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Sarah & Alexander

Wedding Date: June 26, 2012

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding -i.e. Sand, Unity Candle/ 3 Stranded Cord, etc.
    We are having a unity candle as well as a group prayer where we will provide candles and ask everyone to pray for us and our lives and then light their own candles for us. :)

City You Live In :
    Columbus Ohio

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Pearlized White

Wedding Colors if You picked them: Ivory, Black and Blue

Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board:
    I am a "baby Christian" so I am still learning about the Bible. I don't have a favorite verse yet.
  • m&eguntonm&egunton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Emily & Mark
    Wedding Date: 12-29-12
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Never heard of a unity cross but I like the sound of it, I want a first communion, chances are we'll have Love Never Fails by Brandon Heath
    City You Live In :  Live in & will be married in Elk Grove, CA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: I'm going for a masque wedding so I'll be in blue & gold
    Wedding Colors if You picked them:  blue & gold but we really won't be having standard colors
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board:  I'll probably pick something from Song of Solomon but I'll see what the Lord places on my heart when we get closer.  
  • EmDeVine14EmDeVine14 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Emily and Chris
    Wedding Date: June 9, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Unity Candle, Communion
    City You Live In: Vancouver, WA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: White/Blue
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Sapphire Blue and Venetian Gold
    Fave Bible Verse: Philippians 4:8

Follow Me on Pinterest

Visit The Knot!    Visit The Nest!   
  • MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Melissa and Mike
    Wedding Date: June 1, 2013
    Special Religious Ceremony: Readings from the bible that we love
    City You Live In: Syracuse, NY
    Wedding Dress Color: Ivory
    Wedding Colors: plum with accents of raspberry, green apple, and white
    Favorite Bible Verse:

Philippians 4:13 

• BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Britt & Jano
    Wedding Date Sept 22, 2012
             Stranded Cord, etc. Not sure at this time, just recently been talking with our Pastor about what we are doing. We are doing a DW in Muskoka Lakes, Ontario, Canada, and had to confirm that he would travel for it first. We are excited to learn he is willing to travel for a wedding and now can start working with him on our ceremony :)
    City You Live In : Outside of Windsor, Ontario, Canada (right across the river from Detroit, MI... I can literally take a city bus to Detroit)
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: White with black accents
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Red, White and Black (my ring is black diamond and rubies so we ran with that)
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board Romans 8:28 has helped me deal with some very difficult times in my life, simply remembering that as difficult as it is for me at the time, God is working through it for my good if I just have faith and let him.
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Kylie and Jerold
    Wedding Date May 5, 2012
             Stranded Cord, etc. Unity sand
    City You Live In : Sacramento
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: white
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: black, white, and fuscia
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board It is hard to pick a favorite. Probably though 1 Cor 13 and Jeremiah 29:11
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Jocelyn & Jessie
    Wedding Date: January 14, 2012
             Stranded Cord, etc.: Unity Candle
    City You Live In : Newville, AL; wedding in Eufaula; living in Birmingham after wedding
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it:Ivory
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Plum & Black
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board Proverbs 31:30. Smile Communicate openly and respectfully.
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Jill & Kyle
    Wedding Date: April 13, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding -i.e. Sand, Unity Candle/ 3Stranded Cord, etc.: NA
    City You Live In: Currently I live in Stroudsburg PA, but will be moving back to Hershey in about a month.
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: I'll call it, Eggshell
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Teal & Yellow
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." I thought I'd write it out, because this is my daily reminder that even though following God can be difficult, it is worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI:  christina and david

Wedding Date:  Sunday, Oct 28, 2012

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: none other than readings

City You Live In : Kawartha Lakes, Ontario CANADA!

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: ivory (its my Nona's vintage lace gown)

Wedding Colors if You picked them: fall colours

Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: I forget the exact verse but it's in Ruth and says "Where you go, I will go; your people will be my people and your God will be my God"
  • edited December 2011
    First Name for you & FI: Pamela & Ryan

Wedding Date: TBD- he lives in India and I'm moving there after we marry. Will be between May 2012 and Dec 2012, depending on several factors, including visas and family availabliity.

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding
    - We're hoping to have two, one at my church in the US, one with his in India. At the US one, we'll have communion and formal, traditional vows. In India, we'll probably write our own vows.  Unity Candles and the like are not in either of our family traditions so we see no reason to start. I do like the idea of a ring blessing though, at both weddings, so all our guests can pray over the rings we wear for the rest of our lives. :) We'll also definitely have Bible readings and prayers.

City You Live In : Spartanburg, SC- We'll live near Delhi, Haryana, India when we marry (he's there now)

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: don't have it yet, but going white or ivory, normal.

Wedding Colors if You picked them: blue... if I have a second, it'll probably be based on finding cute stuff in that color not from anything more.

I put a Bible verse in my signature, but I'll repeat it here in case I change it later:
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV 
    I love this, because I can think about the Church readying herself for Christ whilst I dream about gowns and bridal attire, and on the day of when I adorn myself for Ryan. I love practical applications of Biblical metaphors, they help you understand the depth of the Bible more!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've been sporadically posting on this board since August, but don't think I did the roll call thing...

First Name for you & FI: Heather and Kiran

Wedding Date: June 22, 2012

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: We'll be having a Lutheran church ceremony, hopefully keeping it short and sweet, nothing out of the ordinary. We'll incorporate a wine box and love-letter ceremony into our reception--not necessarily religious, but very meaningful. 

City You Live In : Edmonton, AB

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it:  It's as white as silk taffeta gets--more like ivory.

Wedding Colors if You picked them: Orange and green, with white and grey as neutrals.

Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: I love Micah 6:8 - "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
  • First Name for you & FI: Andrea and Peter
    Wedding Date: Oct 13th 2012...venue permitting
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding - unity candles...a message from our pastor about faith and waiting on the Lord
    City You Live In : Myerstown PA... he is in Pottsville PA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: White
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Maroon and Light Blue... old school Phillies colors
    Bible Verse  : We have a few ... hard to narrow it down...
    Love is All You Need
  • First Name for you & FI: Bekah and Rohn
    Wedding Date: May 26 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Unity candle
    City You Live In : Newton, KS (Rohn is from Kansas City, MO)
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: White
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Purple, lavender, white and silver
    Fave Bible Verse: Psalm 37:4&5
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Name for you & FI: Crystal & Jimmie
    Wedding Date: June 21, 2014
             Stranded Cord, etc.: Unity sand
    City You Live In : Me: Bean Station, Him: Tazewell. After the wedding it will be somewhere in the county he lives in.
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Ivory
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: Peach
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Probably John 3:16 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Name for you & FI: Hilary & Davin
    Wedding Date: April 6, 2013
             Stranded Cord, etc.: sand ceremony
    City You Live In : Sacramento, CA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: well, it'll be white or ivory!
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: red, aqua, orange

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:5-6
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Name for you & FI: 
    Janelle and David

Wedding Date: 
    TBD ... we were hoping for October 2011, but it's probably going to be the spring unless God sees fit to move a mountain range or two.

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding:
    We're still sorting through ideas. We both really love the "cord of 3 strands" verse and spent an afternoon coming up with a way to incorporate it into the ceremony ... only to google it the next day and find you can buy a kit online for our new/unique/creative idea!  Oh, well, lol, still love the concept, so we'll be doing something along those lines.  Also considering a candlelight procession of the guests to the church, vows to God as well as to each other and a handful of others.
    City You Live In :
    near Blacksburg, VA
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it:
    white

Wedding Colors if You picked them:
    DB's "lapis": a deep, smokey heather purple (bridesmaids' dresses), charcoal gray (guys' suits), and either burgundy (fall) or a soft apricot (spring) as an accent (flowers, ribbons, etc.)
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board
    Really hard to narrow it down to a verse or passage, but specific to the wedding, we are planning to use Colossians 1:17-18,  Ecclesiastes 4:12, and probalby I Corinthians 2:1-3 and Galatians 2:20.
  • First time checking out this board.  Gonna say hi and add my info to the roll call.

First Names: David and Rachel

Wedding Date: 11/03/2013

Special Religous Ceremony at Wedding: Sand Ceremony

City You Live in: Richmond VA

Wedding Dress Color: PINK (Watermelon at David's Bridal)

Wedding Colors: Pink and Blue (Watermelon and Horizon at David's Bridal are the inspirations)

Favorite Bible Verse: Psalm 23, not sure if we'll use it in the wedding yet

Anniversary
  • Can't believe I forgot to do this lol smh

First Name for you & FI: Britney & Brock
    Wedding Date: 9/15/12
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Unity candle; maybe communion
    City You Live In: Atlanta
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Soft white
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: White, red, black accents
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: "We love because He first loved us."--1 John 4:19
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Name for you & FI: Kayla and Matthew

Wedding Date: April 26, 2014

Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding -i.e. Sand, Unity Candle/ 3 Stranded Cord, etc.: We are doing a unity candle ceremony and also a foot washing ceremony

City You Live In : I live in Elizabethtown, PA and he lives in Mechanicsburg, PA. We'll be living in his town after we get married.

Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: White (David's Bridal style T9104)

Wedding Colors if You picked them: White, silver, and oasis blue

Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Favorite Bible verse = Psalm 27:5-6

• First Name for you FI: Lea and Tim Wedding Date. 9713 Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding i.e. Sand, Unity Candle/ 3 Stranded Cord, etc.: we are doing a unity cross City You Live In : Memphis Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: white Wedding Colors if You picked them: wisteria white and silver Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: phillipians 4:13
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First Name for you & FI: Brenna and Steve
    Wedding Date: October 7, 2012
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding: Still looking for ideas
    City You Live In : Virginia
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it: Navy blue
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: navy blue, antique gold, and silver
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Proverbs 10:19
  • I'm coming out of lurkdom to say hi. My event is a vow renewal, but I love hearing about all of you and your lovely weddings!

First Name for you & FI: Casey and Julie
    Vow Renewal Date: June 8th, 2013
    Special Religious Ceremony if any at your Wedding - Unity Candly involving us and our 4 kids
    City You Live In : Ozark Mountains, Arkansas side
    Wedding Dress Color if You picked it:
    Wedding Colors if You picked them: nothing specific yet
    Fave Bible Verse or Suggestions for this Board: Like so many, I suggest not being rude. I don't see a problem with having different viewpoints, but delivery is important. I mean, there's a difference between nicely handing somebody something they asked for and throwing it at them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards