Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Boxed WineOs

We are considering buying boxed wine for the reception. And I've had a few decent boxed wines in the past year. Bota Box, Black Box.... But I am curious if there are any brand recommendations to look into for reds or whites that have been decent. TIA

Re: Boxed WineOs

• edited December 2011
    Specifics-

For whites I love a crisp Pinot Grigio 
    NOT a fan of any sweet whites like Reisling or Gewurztraminer 
    and a little picky with Chardonnay - always too oaky to me

For reds I like deep earthy taste of Malbec
    Also enjoy Shiraz and Cabernet 

• edited December 2011
    OP, if those are your specific preferences  I think you'll be more than happy with Black Box red wines. I am not sure what to tell you about whites...to me it's hard to find a good sauvignon blanc, etc. for whites. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had a good Malbec in a box.  I think it was from Australia or New Zealand, and it was specifically promoting being in a box to save fuel during transport.  Sorry I can't remember the name!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_boxed-wineos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:ad75dab7-9214-47b4-aece-be72ed493a96Post:c56d18a4-6043-4f6a-8228-32d44b8f231b">Re: Boxed WineOs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Black Box has a great Cabernet (which will probably be a little more universal than a Malbec, though their Malbec is good too) and their Pinot G is pretty good too (also another great white because it's fairly universal to wine drinkers).  <strong>Will the boxes be seen or back somewhere that guests won't have access to? </strong> <strong>I actually prefer Bota Box's white wines a little over Black Box, but for me, their packaging is a little ostentatious for a formal event like a wedding.
    </strong>Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<p style="margin:0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">Yeah, esthetics is always on my mind. Not sure on the logistics yet. We’re going to be hitched at a park pavilion and we are not supposed to have glass there. The event is shaping up to be a vintage and whimsy picnic, very light hearted and fun. I was thinking about putting wine in carafes and thought about classing up the boxes , but thinking that may just  say "Hey! I'm boxed wine made to look fancier than I am!" ...... in the end, it's probably not worth the worry as long as it tastes good :) </font></font></font></p>
  • edited December 2011
    I <3 Bota Boxes ... I'd actually serve them (in the box) at my reception if I could. It will def be in the bridal suite, lol. Do you have a Meijer in your area (not sure if they are that far north)? They have a great selection of boxed wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards