Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

The things people say....

This whole engagement thing is wonderful. I love when people text me or call with wedding ideas and stuff and I say, "we already got that done". I alos love when people say, "I know you are soooo stressed". I laugh and say, "no, everything is done and paid for". They give me the side eye. The wedding is in May 2011. I have had people pffer to be my planner. HAHA. It's planned already. I had one lady say, "you need to let me know when you and your fiance are ready to buy a house". I said, "we already have a beautiful house". She was a little shocked. I added, "it will be paid off in 15 years too". Nice to know that my fiance and is 42 and I am 32. We have our stuff together. He is a navy chief and I work too. We have breezed through all of this. We can sit back and enjoy the engagment.

Re: The things people say....

• Options
    Ok.....

Just let it go in one ear and out the other. Some people that get married may not be in the same position as you and your FI. No, I am not saying it is ok for them to say those things, but it also isn't ok for you to think you are in a better position than everyone else out there who has gotten married recently or is getting married.
  • Options
    Good for you, My FI and I are in the exact position you are in. The wedding planning has been one of the easiest things we have done. The first thing people say is soooo how is the wedding planning going, getting crazy yet? and when i say no its been a breeze, they look at my like i must be lying to them. Oh well, what can you do. Not everyone is a crazy narotic stressed out person. I love that I have had not one worry about the wedding. I feel like my FI and I are enjoying it so much more that way. People put too much stress on making it perfect.
  • Options
    well everyones situation is different. when i will be getting married i will be just finishing nursing school and hopefully just have taken boards so i may not even have a job. hopefully i'll have one lined up though. B/c i decided to go back for a second degree.

my FI cousin is getting married and they got engaged in June or July and are getting married in Novmeber and she is like a chicken with her head cut off. it is driving me nuts b/c i'm in the wedding and plannin ghte bridal shower last minute is crazy and she is trying to have her hand in everything. Where I am getting married in January 2012 and I will have time to relax and do things in time. I have the church and am working on gettng the date set at the reception hall. Everyone's path in life and their engagement are different.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Knock on wood.....please.....because karma is a witch!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    Knock on wood:  our wedding planning has been pretty breezy as well.  We purposely planned a long engagement though so we could take our time and really enjoy planning while working.  It came together even more quickly than I had imagined though and I think it was because we pretty much had our pick of vendors since we were booking so far in advance.

I think when people ask those sorts of things, they're just trying to make conversation.  Some people do get really stressed out about their wedding planning process and it's nice to have ears that will listen sometimes.  I don't think they're trying to imply that you're life is any less together than it is or that it should be in some way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:6f8bc55c-ef41-4927-997c-00a808519e8cPost:79586e74-6f7c-4318-a177-19598bf8b134">Re: The things people say....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the positivity ladies! I hope evryone is having fun. To the negative ones, stop being crazy, mean women. You sound like those chicks on  Bridezilla. Smooches.
    Posted by joiner521[/QUOTE]

Huh?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:6f8bc55c-ef41-4927-997c-00a808519e8cPost:79586e74-6f7c-4318-a177-19598bf8b134">Re: The things people say....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the positivity ladies! I hope evryone is having fun. To the negative ones, stop being crazy, mean women. You sound like those chicks on  Bridezilla. Smooches.

I have watched plenty of Bridezilla, and no one here sounds like a Bridezilla.  Yes, my wedding planning has been a breeze (and we only gave ourselves 5 1/2 months to plan), but I don't think less of people who ask me if I'm stressed.  I do have moments of stress, and so when people are trying to make conversation, I can always share those moments, or just talk about how well things are going.  No need to come on here and start accusing people of being things they aren't just because your wedding planning is going to swimmingly.  Something WILL happen that will stress you out between now and your wedding date whether you believe it or not at this point.  Just be ready for it and roll with the punches.
    Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Dancin' Shoes
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_things-people-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:6f8bc55c-ef41-4927-997c-00a808519e8cPost:79586e74-6f7c-4318-a177-19598bf8b134">Re: The things people say....</a>:

Wait, what? I re-read this thread, but I didn't see anything negative or even remotely Bridezilla-ish.
    Examples please??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards