Nebraska

Cheap Reception Venues

Does anyone know of any cheap reception venues (between 1000-1300) that allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol? I have looked ino Legacy Hall, but it is a bit out of my budget for just the hall itself. We are going to have between 300-350 people to accomodate. Thank you for the help and suggestions!

By the way.. I know it says I am in Colorado (because I live here) but I am having an Omaha wedding because all of my friends and family are there.

Re: Cheap Reception Venues

• rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    I am having my wedding and reception at Country Pines in Lincoln.  It is only $1000 for a Sunday, I think $1500 for a Friday or Saturday.  It is an outside location but they have rain/bad weather plans if necessary. They can also accomdate about 400 people, if I remember correctly. You can't bring in your own food/alcohol though, but they are really reasonable.  They have a buffet for as little as 9.75 per person.  But I don't know about alcohol.

If you are leaning towards or interested in something outside you could also look into the logistics of having your reception at a park in Omaha or Lincoln.  They are also really cheap.

Also, again it isn't directly in Omaha, but it is in Fremont, which is only like an hour away.  My sister got married at Izaak Walton Park. My parents made all of the food and they brought in their own drinks and alcohol.  Thought it think it may be WAY too small.  It is really cheap to rent.  I just don't know about size.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ Rsanna- Thank you for your suggestions!! I really appreciate it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska_cheap-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:654Discussion:e08ff66c-62b3-4b19-9249-93891d097114Post:51a77876-e982-4cdc-9e16-791fdd0c7423">Cheap Reception Venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know of any cheap reception venues (between 1000-1300) that allow you to bring in your own food and alcohol? I have looked ino Legacy Hall, but it is a bit out of my budget for just the hall itself. We are going to have between 300-350 people to accomodate. Thank you for the help and suggestions! By the way.. I know it says I am in Colorado (because I live here) but I am having an Omaha wedding because all of my friends and family are there.
    Posted by melanie2014[/QUOTE]
    My name is Stephanie ... There is a Reception Hall that is located approximately 1/2 way between Omaha and Lincoln, just a minute or two off the interstate. However, it is not a Barn. Our Reception Hall seats 450 Banquet-Style or 1000 Theatre-Style. We have a full bar right inside the Hall for your guests. You can make it a cash bar, or WHATEVER you prefer (You will not be able to provide your own alcohol... it would be sold from our bar directly to your guests (or a tab would be run for you if you prefer an open bar scenario) . For an extremely reasonable rental fee of only $800, we provide the banquet tables, chairs, linens (your choice of black or white), soft drinks (including soda, lemonade, iced tea, coffee) , and 2 bartenders (our bartenders work for tips) for the night. We will set up the tables and chairs to your specifications AND we will do the clean-up at the end of the night. You could choose whoever you like to cater the event (your caterer would need to provide the hall with a 20% gratuity ... based on their bill to you). I realize this is very INFORMAL and limited information, but if you would like to learn more (or you would like to see our facility) , you can contact me on my cell phone @ (402) 617-4316. We do not "waive" the "caterer's gratuity" to the hall, but we are happy to talk with you about the specifics of your situation. I would love to visit with you soon. Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards