Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Vegetarian and Indian for Reception

Hello! 

My fiance and I are both vegetarians and need to have minimum 50% Indian fare at our wedding (no meat or alcohol at our wedding is must). This has made our selection of a venue extremely difficult!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a venue that either has VERY flexible menu arrangements or allows outside catering.

We anticipate 100 guests, have a moderate budget and cannot have a religious venue for the reception.

We will be getting married in March or April of 2012.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Vegetarian and Indian for Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you in Cincinnati, or are you in Dayton or N Kentucky?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cincinnati, we live about 3 miles from downtown. However, we are flexible for the greater cincinnati area.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure Elements allows outside caterers.  I haven't been there in a while, but it's on Lebanon Rd.

I'm in the Dayton area, so I can't help as much as I'd like to.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, March or April might make it difficult for a wedding at a park, but most parks will let you bring in your own food.

I believe the Cincinnati Observatory will also let you bring in your own caterer...I think their capacity is 75 for indoor weddings though.  You might also want to check out the Ft. Thomas Community Center.

In Covington, the Carnagie Visual Arts Center allows you to bring in your own food. There's a place called the Sanctuary in Newport.  It used to be a church, but it's not anymore...I'm not sure if that would meet your specifications.

We checked out one place that was kinda big and loft-like.  I think it gets used more often for executive events.  If you a pay a fee, you can bring in your own food.  I cannot remember the name...if you go back through the archives of this board, you should be able to find a post about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a co-worker where the bride was Indian and therefore had all Indian food at her wedding, too.  They got married at the Savannah Center (same place as us).  I didn't think they normally would allow outside food but somehow they worked things out.  Can't hurt to ask Savannah and/or other sites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nathaniel Green Lodge allows outside catering and will work with whatever you need for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I also had this problem.  I'm also holding an ethnic wedding.

Carnegie Visual Arts Center is one place.  There's also the Clifton Cultural Arts.  The Behringer-Crawford Museum in NKY.  The Fairfield Community Arts Center is in Fairfield.  There's also Receptions, which has 5 locations.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just remembered the name of the place I mentioned earlier...Longworth Hall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there's a lot of good suggestions here. i'll add Lakeridge Hall in North College Hill. lots of space, great prices, and they allow outside catering.

http://www.lakeridgehall.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards