New York-Hudson Valley

Wedding Reviews!

Got married on April 20th and Im STILL coming down off the high...figured Id throw out some feedback on my vendors for all of you girls still in the planning stages, feel free to PM me if you have additional questions!

Venue- Tappan Hill Mansion- A++, it was basically perfect if Im allowed to say that.  The space is amazingly beautiful and every guest along with my very, very hard to please mother were gushing about the incredible- "non-wedding" food and the service.  Kathy Policastro was our Event Manager and aside from being so nice she was detail-oriented, organized and basically put on a flawless event.  I didnt have to think about a thing and we were treated top notch.  Id marry here year after year if I could

Florist- Forever in Bloom-A, Dean was a doll to work with and took my vision, made it come true but only better and the best part-not once did he try to make me spend more or adjust things, I had a very conservative floral budget and he did the most beautiful job from bouquets to centerpieces.  I adore him!

Music- Hal Prince Entertainment (DJ Steve)- A+, dancefloor was packed all night long...every time I turned around for a new song guests where grinning screaming "OMG I love this song!"  From our 2 year old flower girl to my seventy-two year old father-they were out there all night.  It was an awesome party AND it was well within my budget

Photo- Johnny Wolf Photography, Johnny Wolf- Im holding off until I get my prints and album but Johnny himself is great, really mild mannered, nice guy, stayed until the end of the evening and went home, uploaded his shots off his camera and sent me a preview before my honeymoon of 3 pics (unedited) so Id have something to look at, so far everything looks  great!

Transportation- Leros Point to Point- A, great at communicating with me for months on end as I was planning from a distance- had provided shuttles for 100 overnight guests- buses were clean and right on time.  What else can you ask for?

Hotel- The Sheraton Tarrytown- A.  Great staff, newer, smaller hotel, clean, awesome lobby bar where guests congreated to wait for buses and then served as after party until 2 a.m.  For extra $ ( a little pricey) we had a really nice buffet breakfas in a private room the following morning for everyone.  Great hotel, great location, less than 2 miles from TH.

Dress- Rk Bridal- A, if you arent too concerned about being wined and dined this place is great, huge selection and good prices.  And dont believe what you hear about alterations, mine were perfect, seamstress was a total doll, appointments ran on time and she never rushed me.  Gown fit like a glove.

Good luck everyone, hope your day is as magical as mine was!

Re: Wedding Reviews!

• Thanks for this review.  Can you tell me more about Hal Prince?  How many members of the band did you have and how much was it for the night?  I was in a wedding that used them and she said she spent $10K!!!!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards