Hawaii

Maui Hotel/Resort Question. Please Help

I am thinking of now having my wedding in Maui.  I know it's a lot to ask people to come to Maui so I was trying to find affordable lodging for my friends.  I've just started my search but has anyone stayed at Honua Kai?  My family and my fiances family would get 2 and 3 bedroom condos if we were to stay here but is there a  more affordable hotel close for my friends? I'm just not sure my friends can foot a $400 a night bill.  My family would preferably stay in condos and not hotel rooms so if anyone has any other resorts that are nice please let me know!

Thanks!

Re: Maui Hotel/Resort Question. Please Help

• Sorry I wanted to clarify that if my family were to stay at Honua Kai, are there any hotels very close to that location that are affordable for my friends?
  • I've heard Kaanapali Shores is nice, not sure what their rates are in comparison to Honua Kai? We are staying at Aina Nalu right in Lahaina.  I know it's not overly close to where you will be, but there are VERY reasonable rates on VRBO for recently renovated condos, so it might be worth the little bit of extra distance for your friends to be able to save the money.  Good luck!
  • We stayed at the Honua Kai and actually rented it via VRBO and worked with a property mgmt co.  We had a great experience and absolutely loved the resort.  We rented two, one bedrooms for us and DH's dad & GF.  They loved their unit as well.  Duke's was also very good for dinner & breakfast.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How many people would be renting rooms? You can score some pretty sweet rates at The Westin if you haggle with their wedding coordinator. I think we booked 10 oceanview rooms for $299/night and some of our friends shared rooms and split the cost.

My aunt and uncle usually stay at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, which is right next to the Westin. Pretty good hotel, great location and beach.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • there are several condo style places on the lower road within a few miles. kuleana,papakea,napili shores...anything on this road (lower honoapi'ilani road) will be pretty close and more affordable than ka'anapali. honua kai is beautiful and pretty new still. i think the pool area's could be more kid friendly, though. The westin ka'anapali ocean resort villa's are also really nice, and kid friendly. really one of my favorite properties, and in same area-walking distance of honua kai.
    hope this helped.
  • All of our guests stay at the Honua Kai as we got really great group rates. The staff there were lovely and took great care of us. The rooms are modern and spacious with all of the amenities. We found that groups of our frieds would have big get-togethers on their lanais and cater with food/bev sourced from the grocery store across the street. It was a lot of fun to have all of our guests so close and to run into everyone at the pool/Duke's/beach. Some of our friends continued their stay at local VRBO's later which they said they got for great deals. 
  • We just got married in Maui on January 13, 2013!
    We had about 50 guests and we all stayed at The Royal Lahaina! I think it is reasonable! And the beach is gorgeous and not busy at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards