Oregon
Options

Venue Help

Im looking for a venue in the Portland and surrounding areas for 2500 or less for sept of 2013. We would prefer to bring in our own caterer and beverages. Also, somewhere where there is lodging very close or our guests. We like the rustic look, outside ceremony with either an outdoor or indoor reception that is able to hold 150200 guests. Thanks for all your help!!!!

Re: Venue Help

• Options
    2500 just for the space?  Or does that need to include chairs, tables, etc?

The first place that popped to mind is The Jenkins Estate.  It looks like it'd be closer to $3000 though.

If you're willing to go with a park, Stella Olsen in Sherwood is pretty great.  They have an amphitheatre and all day rental for a non-resident is only $200.  You would have to bring in tables, chairs, etc.

I'll post more tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cedarville park might work depending on what your budget needs to include. they have indoor and outdoor, tables, chairs etc. Lots of lodging around.
  • Options
    We could go up to 3000 and would like that to include tables and chairs. We looked at Cedarville park and it didn't really grab us like I was hoping it would. Thanks for all your help!!
  • Options
    Our Octagonal Barn seats 112 people inside at tables, and 150 if set up reception style. The barn includes black padded chairs and round tables that seat 8. Also, the space includes an outdoor bark chip yard that seats 200 guests when the weather is nice. Inside there’s a sound system with microphone that plays MP3s or CDs. Linens are free if we have the colors you want. The food & beverage minimum on a Saturday is $5000, it’s $4,000 on a Friday or Sunday, and $2,000 Monday-Thursday.  

• Options
    If you're willing to go a little far, there's Anderson Lodge at Ariel, WA. Keep in mind there is a state sales tax, though. Still, I haven't been able to find another place that offers a price like this for a Saturday wedding plus overnight stay. http://www.andersonlodge.com/group/lodge/weddings

This place would have been on top of my list but my friend already had a wedding there last year and we have a lot of mutual friends. It's a picturesque place with great facilities, great overall package and a really nice view. They were able to avoid hiring a bartender, too. 

Also, look into city Parks and Recreations websites. 
  • Options
    I'm getting married at Postlewait's Country Weddings in October 2013.  
    As of yesterday, they still had September 29th available....it is a Sunday so I'm not sure how you feel about that but it is a bit cheaper and the place is AMAZING.
    Includes tables, chairs and you can bring in your own vendors and alcohol as long as it's served by an OLCC licensed server.  

They book super fast so call them and take a look!  (Oh and I think September is a little more, like $3200 but it would seriously fit your theme perfect!)  If you wait until October like I am, its $2500 for a Sat, and $2200 for a Sunday.

Good luck!
  • Options
    There is a Japanese Garden in Corvallis called "Garden of Gentle Breeze." It is a gorgeous place and their rates start at $850. The owner doesn't want to charge couples ridiculously.  http://www.gardenofgentlebreeze.com/weddings/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards