Flowers
Options

Stepmom and Corsage?

I am not very close to my Stepmom. In fact, we didn’t get along at all for YEARS. However, recently our relationship has become more cordial. We are still FAR from close, but we can carry on a polite conversation when needed. We only ever talk when we’re with my Dad, which is rare because my fiancé and I live in a different state than my Dad and Stepmom. My question is: do I get my Stepmom a corsage? If so, should it be the same one as my fiancés Mom and my Mom?

Re: Stepmom and Corsage?

• Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have the option of honoring your stepmother and bringing her closer or diminishing her by not including her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Speaking from being a stepmom for over 26 years being remebered and included meant alot to me.  My own daughter is now planning her wedding and again we have a stepmom involved on the groom's side.  I made it very clear that all 3 mothers were getting corsages and they were all going to be equal.  Just my two cents worth on a Friday. 
  • Options
    Kimberly0402Kimberly0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm very up in the air about giving my father's wife a corsage for my wedding. She has been nothing but horrible to us since she first started dating my father 10 years ago. She is controlling and manipulative and a liar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do it, it's cheap good will...
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it. If she appreciates it, it'll bring you closer. And if she doesn't, I can't see it damaging your relationship. However, not giving her one will.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do it just to "save face". Also i think more harm will come from not doing it. its un-needed drama on your weeding day
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

It's not really about whether you like her or not.  She is the wife of the FOB, and not giving her one could be construed as a snub.

But it doesn't have to be as big as the other mother's corsages either.  Personally, I think all corsages are easier to manage and actually wear if they are kept small and lightweight.

• Options
    Thank you for your reply and suggesting stepmoms be honored! Most of us stepmoms are treated as if we do not matter when in fact most of us are the force behind the father being MORE flexible with the wedding budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards