Texas-Houston
Options

Non-faith based premarital counseling?

My fiance and I have some issues we need to work out before we say "I do". We had a huge fight last night and realized we really need to do some counseling soon. His mother showed him a marriage prep course that's happening this Saturday. It's a great idea - but it's completely faith-based. We'll probably go, just to see what we can get out of it. However, I am not spirtual or religious at all. He isn't, either. He's more open to the idea, or less offended by being preached at, I should say. I can't stand talking religion and find it a huge waste of time. I'm willing to try this to see if they have any helpful tips that could help our relationship, however, I would much rather find something non-religious to go to as well.

So - does anyone know any pre-maritial classes in the Houston area? We're actually located closer to Conroe (north of Houston), so something in that area would be great!

Re: Non-faith based premarital counseling?

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out twogether in Texas. A lot of the counseling is faith based but there is also nonfaith based courses. Call and ask what they have. It's a great resource that Texas provides.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wickedrodentwickedrodent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for that suggestions. =) I actually looked at that site, but all the non-faith-based ones are really far from us.

Anything closer to the Conroe area would be great!
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call them. They were very helpful and may be able to point you into the right direction.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I received a business card from the shop I purchased my dress for Jay Myers, MDiv, an ordained non-denominational minister and pastoral counselor with more than 20 years of ministry experience.  Jay and his wife do premarital counseling and I believe they are located in Spring.  I'm not sure how religious their services are, but it might be worth checking out their website: http://www.hopeforthejourney.info/Home.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards